GAMETHREAD 4/9/22: Sox vs Tigers (Cease vs Mize) 12:10 pm CST

TheTruth05

Just now, 35thstreetswarm said:

Based on today’s results and yesterday’s supersmart extrapolation methods I guess Cease will win the CY!  Yay!

Cease would easily win the CY award if he got to face the Tigers every time out.

7 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

He's objectively one of the best relievers in the game and has been for 3 years, but hey, I'm sure it'd be easy to fill out a pen of guys that are better

He definitely is, but he can be inconsistent and seemed like he struggled in that 8th inning role more last season.  But I haven't compared his numbers last year to previous seasons.

6 hours ago, SoxBlanco said:

Is this Jack trying to calm down somebody else from panicking? That’s the spirit! Everything goes uphill from here. I think Jack just saved the season. 

Nice going, Jack...I knew you could do it.

3 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Carlos Rodon 5 IP ,2 BB ,12 K, 1 ER scored on a K that got away from the catcher , slider in the dirt. 12 of the 15 outs were K's. Giants lost 2-1.

I'm happy for him, I hope he can do it for a full season.  He wasn't signing here for the QO, so we lost a draft pick that's all. I still wouldn't have taken a 44 million chance on him for 2 years based on his history since he has an opt out after 1 year. In hindsight yes, I would have absolutely signed him , but who could have predicted both Lynn and Giolito would go down before we played 2 games.  

Edited by A-Train to 35th
$

9 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

I'm happy for him, I hope he can do it for a full season.  He wasn't signing here for the QO, so we lost a draft pick that's all. I still wouldn't have taken a 22 million chance on him  for 1 year based on his history since he has an opt out after 1 year. In hindsight yes, I would have absolutely signed him for 22 million, but who could have predicted both Lynn and Giolito would go down before we played 2 games.  

They signed him for $3M last year and got an easy $25M worth of pitching from him. Without Rodon the Sox were cooked for the playoffs. If they took better care of him maybe the Sox get home field advantage, and make a run last year . I'm calling the early season injuries this year  "The Curse of Carlos Rodon."