A's interested in Andrew Vaughn/Sox in Montas

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

If we are dreaming I’ll take Ohtani myself 

Fuck it, why not both!  Three way trade, Sox get Ohtani, Trout and Montas.  Angels and A’s can share Vaughn.  

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1

16 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

But why do the A's want a weak side platoon bat who can't hit RHP?  But the A's always steal from us so that's unpossible.

Yea that’s strange.  They can’t possibly be stupid enough to think he’s going to get way better after his first season. 

Don’t they have any smart people over there?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Has he ever done anything like this before?

Well they did trade another top 5 draft pick last summer to fill what was perceived as an immediate need. So kind of, yes.

Honestly, I dont want the Sox to try for Montas at this point. The ship has sailed on bringing in an impact starter. They chose in the off-season to go in to the season with no SP depth. To try to fix this now would pillage the little prospect depth this team has. It's not worth it.

• Like 3

I know it says Sox are balking at the price (as they should). But if the Sox were to trade AV for 2 years of Montas, a guy who also has serious durability issues, I will lose all faith in Sox FO. Vaughn is the real deal. He’s not a guy you trade away. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

According to SPOTRAC, the average MLB org has 7 rostered SPs on their 40 man.

The SOX, in their desperation, finally got to 7 SPs when they last-minuted their way into geezing geezer Johnny Cueto.

Until Lynn and Giolito are healthy and productive, these stupid ideas of trading Vaughn will continue to pop up. It didn't have to be this way, but then, pre-injured Joe Kelly.

I just hope that RH/KW aren't stupid enough to take the bait at some point, and actually trade away Vaughn.

• Like 4