A's interested in Andrew Vaughn/Sox in Montas

southsider2k5

Just now, Eminor3rd said:

I’ll just say that Gavin Sheets exactly the type of player that Oakland reliably turns into a two-time all-star. 

I love some Gavin Sheets but he is blocked as nothing more than a platoon player under TLR. If he is what it takes to get Montas I would do that 10/10 even if he turns into a 2 time all star. The time to win is now

I’m skeptical that this will happen but for what it’s worth Kath didn’t play on Sunday (albeit that’s not abnormal on Low A) and Kelley oddly enough hasn’t started a game yet. Seems strange given his high draft status that he wouldn’t get top of the order treatment. 

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Berrios is a pretty good comp for Montas and he went for a lot more than that fwiw

Man I don’t know … one full year as a starter feels like it ought to bring the price diff

Just now, Its all Robert said:

I’m skeptical that this will happen but for what it’s worth Kath didn’t play on Sunday (albeit that’s not abnormal on Low A) and Kelley oddly enough hasn’t started a game yet. Seems strange given his high draft status that he wouldn’t get top of the order treatment. 

Kelley was always going to join the team later. Spent some extra time in AZ.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

I’ll just say that Gavin Sheets exactly the type of player that Oakland reliably turns into a two-time all-star. 

If we could only pair oaklands PD with our scouting…oh wait we’d have the Oakland As

• Haha 1