A's interested in Andrew Vaughn/Sox in Montas

southsider2k5

1 hour ago, Pal said:

Montgomery may be involved

That would be terrible too.  Not Vaughn level terrible, but terrible.
Find another pitcher.  Why trade with the As?  That's just lazy.
The Sox willingly went into the season with the staff as is. They have a couple of injuries, which will keep 2 pitchers out for 1 month. Why make a desperation trade for 1 month?

Edited by GreenSox

According to Bleacher Report, the deal for Montas is close. BUT there’s no mention of Vaughn being part of the deal.  

I’m not in favor of the deal if it includes Vaughn. Vaughn is going to a star and the heir apparent to Abreu in 1 or 2 years. I’m saying, yes to Montas, get him, but not with Vaughn involved. 

1 minute ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

According to Bleacher Report, the deal for Montas is close. BUT there’s no mention of Vaughn being part of the deal.  

I’m not in favor of the deal if it includes Vaughn. Vaughn is going to a star and the heir apparent to Abreu in 1 or 2 years. I’m saying, yes to Montas, get him, but not with Vaughn involved. 

Isn’t bleacher report just piggy backing off of Mike Rodriguez report? 

Mike Rodriguez clearly has sources and has been correct in the past and very recently regarding White Sox related moves. However, him and Hector have been spotty with info at times. 

All other "insiders" on twitter seem to be refuting it and the big name reporters haven't said anything.

Pal seems to be weakening on his stance that this is close.

Seems like nothing is going down, at least not tonight. I hope to be wrong.

6 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

That would be terrible too.  Not Vaughn level terrible, but terrible.
Find another pitcher.  Why trade with the As?  That's just lazy.
The Sox willingly went into the season with the staff as is. They have a couple of injuries, which will keep 2 pitchers out for 1 month. Why make a desperation trade for 1 month?

RH backed himself into a corner where the SP options essentially came down to Montas, Manaea, or bust. Everyone else who would be useful right now has seemingly been signed or traded already.

2 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Mike Rodriguez clearly has sources and has been correct in the past and very recently regarding White Sox related moves. However, him and Hector have been spotty with info at times. 

All other "insiders" on twitter seem to be refuting it and the big name reporters haven't said anything.

Pal seems to be weakening on his stance that this is close.

Seems like nothing is going down, at least not tonight. I hope to be wrong.

What other insiders on twitter? Michael Marino and MLB nerds? MLB nerds isn’t legit and Marino retweeted it.

Edited by maloney.adam