A's interested in Andrew Vaughn/Sox in Montas

southsider2k5

9 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

That would be terrible too.  Not Vaughn level terrible, but terrible.
Find another pitcher.  Why trade with the As?  That's just lazy.
The Sox willingly went into the season with the staff as is. They have a couple of injuries, which will keep 2 pitchers out for 1 month. Why make a desperation trade for 1 month?

I wouldn’t trade for Montas at any cost. Don’t get me wrong. But it’s not 1 month dude. It’s 2 years and the Sox could certainly use Montas now and for the next 50+ starts he’s make. 

4 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Mike Rodriguez clearly has sources and has been correct in the past and very recently regarding White Sox related moves. However, him and Hector have been spotty with info at times. 

All other "insiders" on twitter seem to be refuting it and the big name reporters haven't said anything.

Pal seems to be weakening on his stance that this is close.

Seems like nothing is going down, at least not tonight. I hope to be wrong.

To be fair, the people feeding WSD stuff probably don’t want it out there that a deal is close so no one jumps in last second.  Not saying this is going to happen, but I don’t think anything yet discredits the original rumor.

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lol

Seriously, what do people like you get out of playing fake insider online for a bunch of strangers?

Screenshot-20220411-212821-Samsung-Inter

Wow, the board looks way better in black... And to think I've been looking at this forum with a white background like a peasant. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

This is all fine and good, but a thousand mile gap from Vaughn to Sheets/Burger AND Montgomery.  Both of those guys (pick one of two + Montgomery) together, plus one third tier piece is going to be the next ask after AV.  They won't get it, hopefully/obviously, but it's a starting point. 

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Ok now I know this guy is full of shit.

You don't approach Oakland willing to trade Vaughn then suddenly change your mind.  The only thing making sense is the A's asking for at least one of Burger/Sheets AND Montgomery.  Or someone like Ramos or Kath instead of Montgomery. 

Edited by caulfield12

One thing that's always going to be consistent... site owners/operators will typically embrace what brings more traffic and conversation, as long as it doesn't put the site in any type of legal jeopardy.  I do agree that people have a right to be skeptical.  That resulting discussion is what leads to insiders so to speak having credibility or not. 

And for those outside of the know, there will be those who seem almost overly deferential to these insider gods, and those naturally on the opposite end of the spectrum. 

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1