A's interested in Andrew Vaughn/Sox in Montas

southsider2k5

8 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Caufield, how much are those emojis worth to soxtalk? Millions I'm guessing! According to my sources Everytime an emoji is placed, ss2k gets a $5 deposit into his white sox bmo account. Same source also told me soxtalk is considering monetizing emojis so they can really reap the benefits of the insiders voice. Wonder what the soxtalk laughing emoji is gonna trade for on the nft marketplace. Stay tuned! 

$20/laugh emoji, we went over this.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

nothing new but thought I'd share

This is correct.  The Sox said they were not trading Vaughn for Montas a while ago.  I was told last week the A's were going to trade Montas to a west coast team.  That obviously hasn't happened so I thought maybe the A's came back to the Sox with another offer but when they said the holdup was Vaughn I knew they were full of shit.  Vaughn is off the table. 

1 minute ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Have to wonder what Mike Rodriguez heard that made him jump last night. Bobs tweet makes it sound like they haven’t even been in discussions recently.

Bob get his info straight from the FO and is tweeting what the Sox want out there.  I have no doubt that AV is off the table, but I would take the rest of the tweet with a grain of salt. 

27 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

This is correct.  The Sox said they were not trading Vaughn for Montas a while ago.  I was told last week the A's were going to trade Montas to a west coast team.  That obviously hasn't happened so I thought maybe the A's came back to the Sox with another offer but when they said the holdup was Vaughn I knew they were full of shit.  Vaughn is off the table. 

My guess is the second time the A's called about Vaughn the Sox offered Montgomery as an alternative and someone ran with that even though there was no indication Oakland was interested.

38 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Kelenic for Montas.  He already lost his starting spot.  Well, for one game.  And Mariners=West Coast, although traditionally considered to be California teams.

Edited by caulfield12

45 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

I would legit think about doing Sheets +Kelly later on in the year.  I do think Sheets is a good depth piece.  Vaughn has been fantastic for the first week and I don't think it's a fluke.

That would be a bad deal for the As. I think the As would either want an established young mlb player (like vaughn) or a top50 prospect which the sox do not have. 

I think there is no chance for a deal, this is a sellers market with the expanded playoffs and if the sox don't want to give up one of their young mlb players they are not getting montas. Sheets and burger don't really have much value as backup corner guys. 

I'm fine with the sox rotation staying like it is. They have no depth but their top4-5 is good, they just need to hope for health here. 

1 minute ago, knightni said:

I hope that the A's don't get Semian/Bassitt again if we get Montas.

Trading Vaughn, Kelley or Sheets feels like a mistake.

Highly doubt Romy, Popeye or Yogurt have MVP numbers hiding in those bats…Ramos has a shot, to be a replacement level 3B.

More worried about someone making a silk purse out of a sow’s ear on the pitching prospect front.

And Kelley is selling for 35-40 cents on the dollar right now.

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

what's the old saying... all it takes is one! Put a price of a million on one emoji, and Caufield might just bite! shooters shoot, get it done Kyyle.

The first Soxtalk NFT sold to caulfield for a bargain price of one million dollars. 

• Haha 1

After the hamburger (I know you are reading this) chimed in with his "guess" (or I should say sourced info) on Montas-Gate I caught up on his timeline and noticed he was reiterating Conforto AAV asks during the months where he Boras reportedly wasn't even seeking a deal because he was injured.  Dude doesn't miss. 

23 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

The first Soxtalk NFT sold to caulfield for a bargain price of one million dollars. 

If that's the case, I could now simply game the market ala Soros by never mentioning the Padres, Puig, Tatis, Hosmer, Royals, etc.  Scarcity!

But that wouldn't be any fun now.

Better to go with a Russell 3000 Index Fund.

But you guys can buy shares of housing, Basquiat paintings and farmland if you prefer.

Arrived Homes, which offers shares in rental properties for as little as $100, raised $37 million in equity and debt from a group of investors that includes Bezos Expeditions, the personal investment company of the Amazon.com Inc.Jun 16, 2021

Edited by caulfield12

53 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

If that's the case, I could now simply game the market ala Soros by never mentioning the Padres, Puig, Tatis, Hosmer, Royals, etc.  Scarcity!

But that wouldn't be any fun now.

Better to go with a Russell 3000 Index Fund.

But you guys can buy shares of housing, Basquiat paintings and farmland if you prefer.

Arrived Homes, which offers shares in rental properties for as little as $100, raised $37 million in equity and debt from a group of investors that includes Bezos Expeditions, the personal investment company of the Amazon.com Inc.Jun 16, 2021

Alright