Jump to content
southsider2k5

A's interested in Andrew Vaughn/Sox in Montas

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

 

Is this dude 12?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is the did the rumor come from a legit account or is the whole thing fake? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jack Parkman said:

So is the did the rumor come from a legit account or is the whole thing fake? 

 

 

It came from the dude that had the Cueto signing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jack Parkman said:

So is the did the rumor come from a legit account or is the whole thing fake? 

 

 

The rumor came from a legit account and then a fake account came up saying the deal was completed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I mean, Pal didn't start this rumor. Mike Rodriguez did and that guy has gotten stuff right before. 

Was it a fake Mike Rodriguez account? There is no blue check mark by him so I'm not sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HahnsKiddieTable said:

The rumor came from a legit account and then a fake account came up saying the deal was completed. 

Ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Was it a fake Mike Rodriguez account? There is no blue check mark by him so I'm not sure. 

Yes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Mike Rodriguez had the Cueto signing 24 hours before it actually happened correct?

Edited by maloney.adam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Pal said:

Montgomery may be involved

That would be terrible too.  Not Vaughn level terrible, but terrible.
Find another pitcher.  Why trade with the As?  That's just lazy.
The Sox willingly went into the season with the staff as is. They have a couple of injuries, which will keep 2 pitchers out for 1 month. Why make a desperation trade for 1 month?

Edited by GreenSox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Sox have enough control of players like Vaughn, Eloy and Robert that if they do end up losing everyone they can trade them to rebuild. Not worried about losing Montgomery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to Bleacher Report, the deal for Montas is close. BUT there’s no mention of Vaughn being part of the deal.  

I’m not in favor of the deal if it includes Vaughn. Vaughn is going to a star and the heir apparent to Abreu in 1 or 2 years. I’m saying, yes to Montas, get him, but not with Vaughn involved. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

According to Bleacher Report, the deal for Montas is close. BUT there’s no mention of Vaughn being part of the deal.  

I’m not in favor of the deal if it includes Vaughn. Vaughn is going to a star and the heir apparent to Abreu in 1 or 2 years. I’m saying, yes to Montas, get him, but not with Vaughn involved. 
 

 

Isn’t bleacher report just piggy backing off of Mike Rodriguez report? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike Rodriguez clearly has sources and has been correct in the past and very recently regarding White Sox related moves. However, him and Hector have been spotty with info at times. 

All other "insiders" on twitter seem to be refuting it and the big name reporters haven't said anything.

Pal seems to be weakening on his stance that this is close.

Seems like nothing is going down, at least not tonight. I hope to be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't @Y2Jimmy0 say that one of the prospects that the Padres gave up for Manaea was basically the equivalent of Montgomery? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

That would be terrible too.  Not Vaughn level terrible, but terrible.
Find another pitcher.  Why trade with the As?  That's just lazy.
The Sox willingly went into the season with the staff as is. They have a couple of injuries, which will keep 2 pitchers out for 1 month. Why make a desperation trade for 1 month?

RH backed himself into a corner where the SP options essentially came down to Montas, Manaea, or bust. Everyone else who would be useful right now has seemingly been signed or traded already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Isn’t bleacher report just piggy backing off of Mike Rodriguez report? 

Bleacher Report also isn’t a reputable news site. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

 

"If I'm wrong, I'll do a fun thing"

Lmao, this is prime Dave.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Mike Rodriguez clearly has sources and has been correct in the past and very recently regarding White Sox related moves. However, him and Hector have been spotty with info at times. 

All other "insiders" on twitter seem to be refuting it and the big name reporters haven't said anything.

Pal seems to be weakening on his stance that this is close.

Seems like nothing is going down, at least not tonight. I hope to be wrong.

What other insiders on twitter? Michael Marino and MLB nerds? MLB nerds isn’t legit and Marino retweeted it.

Edited by maloney.adam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna have to work with Rodriguez on what “close” means

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×