A's interested in Andrew Vaughn/Sox in Montas

southsider2k5

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

To be fair, the English version of those tweets are straight from Google Translate, so it’s very possible some context has been lost in translation.  For now, I’m going to trust Pal and believe there is some real smoke here, even if nothing happens tonight.

Regardless, a Montas trade to the Sox logically makes sense for both sides.  OAK probably doesn’t want to carry him to the trade deadline given his track record and the Sox probably don’t want to wait to the trade deadline given the state of the pitching staff.  I wouldn’t be shocked if a deal came to together fairly soon, but OAK would obviously have to concede from the Vaughn ask.  Maybe that’s finally happening and talks are becoming more productive?  I guess we’ll have to give it a few days and find out.

Maybe they are trying to include Micker in the deal as well?

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Ray Ray, you have it all wrong.  SoxTalk needs good villains and bad guys to keep the likes/emojis flowing. Otherwise, it's just one big circle jerk.  Ron, Greg, Parkman, Caulfield. Balta is the Devil's Advocate with a social conscience.  Ray Ray enjoys arguing with nearly everyone and really doesn't seem to care what people think about him, but his insights are more valuable than his irascibility.  Maybe it's easier to characterize it as impatience with those less well-informed or lacking in athletic backgrounds. 

Did you just refer to yourself in the third person?

• Haha 7

19 minutes ago, FLsoxfan said:

Think its an error in translation. Like they want Andrew very badly, sox dont wanna give him up. Cant tell if you posted this sarcastically though lol 

We all want really bad poster ron883 to go to the Cubs board like he has threatened. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I had a dumb idea pop in my head so I'm going to post it anyway: 

Eloy for Alcantara and Luzardo

It's dumb but it sort of makes sense

I don't know about the return but I've also been thinking about who could you trade that would get a good return.  I eliminated AV-on potential; TA-obviously; and not breaking up the Cubans- (Abreu, Robert, Moncado, Grandal).  That leaves Eloy.

1 minute ago, KrankinSox said:

- Hector's buddy started a rumor Montas to sox was close

- Pal fanned the flames

- Ray Ray ranted

- Caulfield pulled a Bob Dole

- Rumors died down

- No mention of any frozen penises.....yet

Watch the penis talk with Reese McGuire on the team now. 

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I had a dumb idea pop in my head so I'm going to post it anyway: 

Eloy for Alcantara and Luzardo. Play Vaughn in LF. 

It's dumb but it sort of makes sense

If it's too stupid, just ignore and forget I said it. 

2 young pitchers for 1 outfielder? 

Now you're speaking my language conceptually anyway.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

All you asked for was one savage this offseason and Hahn about take away a potential one instead.

I love how the guy turns into an OBP machine and now is hitting XBH too and now ofcourse we have to move him. 

I fucking give up. This team just hates left handed savages. It's like they enjoy getting owned against RHP and getting exposed by elite RHP in the playoffs. There's alot of people out there that take pain as pleasure.

I just didn't think these folks would be in our FO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Has anyone ever seen Hector Gomez and Mike Rodriguez in the same room as the SoxTalk owners.

I hate to go all conspiracy but is it possible that Hector and Mike are fake people designed to drive traffic to SoxTalk?

Yes, I did take an edible tonight.

The Soxtalk mods are too busy pushing the mainstream liberal agenda to be Hector and Mike, imo. I could be wrong though. Crazier things have happened. 

Edited by ron883
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

2 young pitchers for 1 outfielder? 

Now you're speaking my language conceptually anyway.

Yeah and Eloy and Alcantara have both established themselves and are owed similar money. Luzardo is the pitcher tax because pitchers break. 

Probably still dumb. 

Edited by Jack Parkman