A's interested in Andrew Vaughn/Sox in Montas

southsider2k5

Rumor: White Sox balk at Athletics’ bonkers trade demand for Frankie Montas

Manaea has since been dealt to the Padres, with USA Today’s Bob Nightengale reporting that the White Sox “nearly” landed Manaea instead, and are still looking at Montas.  However, the A’s want young slugger Andrew Vaughn back in return, and the Sox are balking at the demand.

The White Sox have looked into Sean Manaea, who was dealt to the San Diego Padres, and Montas. However, the Athletics are seeking slugger Andrew Vaughn in return, a move Chicago is seemingly unwilling to make.

https://clutchpoints.com/rumor-white-sox-balk-at-athletics-bonkers-trade-demand-for-frankie-montas/

So the rumor was supposedly Montgomery + for Manaea?

Who the heck came up with THAT headline, btw?   What the hell is "clutchpoints"?   Seems like a site for people with runny stomachs who can't get to the bathroom on time...

Edited by caulfield12

44 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Rumor: White Sox balk at Athletics’ bonkers trade demand for Frankie Montas

Manaea has since been dealt to the Padres, with USA Today’s Bob Nightengale reporting that the White Sox “nearly” landed Manaea instead, and are still looking at Montas.  However, the A’s want young slugger Andrew Vaughn back in return, and the Sox are balking at the demand.

The White Sox have looked into Sean Manaea, who was dealt to the San Diego Padres, and Montas. However, the Athletics are seeking slugger Andrew Vaughn in return, a move Chicago is seemingly unwilling to make.

https://clutchpoints.com/rumor-white-sox-balk-at-athletics-bonkers-trade-demand-for-frankie-montas/

So the rumor was supposedly Montgomery + for Manaea?

Who the heck came up with THAT headline, btw?   What the hell is "clutchpoints"?   Seems like a site for people with runny stomachs who can't get to the bathroom on time...

If they had given up Montgomery+ for one year of Manaea, that would have been a disaster of BIBLICAL proportions.

5 hours ago, fathom said:

You mean like the Eaton for Giolito, Lopez and Dunning

No. Because when the Sox are the team  trading veterans for prospects they do well. But that’s not the scenario right now. Its the other way around.  The Sox are horrible at trading prospects for veterans.Its why trading prospects for Montas is ironic.  He is another ex Sox prospect that we gave away for a veteran that doesn’t quite work. The Sox trading for  veterans with their prospects  is like the search for Moby Dick. 

Edited by Chick Mercedes

4 hours ago, Quin said:

I'm really the only one thinking what amazing value we got in the Alex Rios for Leury Legend trade? The opening day starter for a championship contender.

Leury for Rios was a very good trade but never gets a mention when talking deals.

4 hours ago, soxlover15 said:

To any and all who i forgot to mention I am sorry for saying the Sox haven't won any trades, of course they have the Sale trade, the Quintana trade and of course the Eaton trade. I was just frustrated by their opportunity to win it all now so I was out of line. Let me add that I am buzzed not drunk but i am editing all my posts so it is taking a while.  I respect all on this board and would appreciate the same thank you!!

No reason to edit the posts...we all understood what was meant.  Some guys just need to pull your chain.

What a night. 

"Hey I'm hearing sox are discussing montas with the As..."

*TWEETS DEAL IS CLOSE*

"...yeah but As are asking for Vaughn and sox aren't interested"

*Tweets significant hurdle*

Just A+ posting. My new fav twitter.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, DirtySox said:

I would say I'd rather lose Sheets than Montgomery.

10 hours ago, Quin said:

+100

10 hours ago, maloney.adam said:

I would rather they trade from their farm system than give up anything on their MLB roster. 

Fine. Be prepared to trade more than just Sheets for Montas then.

8 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Ray Ray, you have it all wrong.  SoxTalk needs good villains and bad guys to keep the likes/emojis flowing. Otherwise, it's just one big circle jerk.  Ron, Greg, Parkman, Caulfield. Balta is the Devil's Advocate with a social conscience.  Ray Ray enjoys arguing with nearly everyone and really doesn't seem to care what people think about him, but his insights are more valuable than his irascibility.  Maybe it's easier to characterize it as impatience with those less well-informed or lacking in athletic backgrounds. 

Caufield, how much are those emojis worth to soxtalk? Millions I'm guessing! According to my sources Everytime an emoji is placed, ss2k gets a $5 deposit into his white sox bmo account. Same source also told me soxtalk is considering monetizing emojis so they can really reap the benefits of the insiders voice. Wonder what the soxtalk laughing emoji is gonna trade for on the nft marketplace. Stay tuned! 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Caufield, how much are those emojis worth to soxtalk? Millions I'm guessing! According to my sources Everytime an emoji is placed, ss2k gets a $5 deposit into his white sox bmo account. Same source also told me soxtalk is considering monetizing emojis so they can really reap the benefits of the insiders voice. Wonder what the soxtalk laughing emoji is gonna trade for on the nft marketplace. Stay tuned! 

The person who holds them in the highest value and esteem is the very person asking you about their worth just sayin