A's interested in Andrew Vaughn/Sox in Montas

southsider2k5

8 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

According to SPOTRAC, the average MLB org has 7 rostered SPs on their 40 man.

The SOX, in their desperation, finally got to 7 SPs when they last-minuted their way into geezing geezer Johnny Cueto.

Until Lynn and Giolito are healthy and productive, these stupid ideas of trading Vaughn will continue to pop up. It didn't have to be this way, but then, pre-injured Joe Kelly.

I just hope that RH/KW aren't stupid enough to take the bait at some point, and actually trade away Vaughn.

Giolito, Lynn, Cease, Kopech, Keuchel, Velesquez, & Lopez is seven starters.

37 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Giolito, Lynn, Cease, Kopech, Keuchel, Velesquez, & Lopez is seven starters.

Velasquez is indeed a starter...

...In La Liga Mexicana de Beisbol.

That aside, Spotrac has him as the 4th-highest paid RP in the roster, which I used as my source. Either way, he'll have to be DFA'ed at some point.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

According to SPOTRAC, the average MLB org has 7 rostered SPs on their 40 man.

The SOX, in their desperation, finally got to 7 SPs when they last-minuted their way into geezing geezer Johnny Cueto.

Until Lynn and Giolito are healthy and productive, these stupid ideas of trading Vaughn will continue to pop up. It didn't have to be this way, but then, pre-injured Joe Kelly.

I just hope that RH/KW aren't stupid enough to take the bait at some point, and actually trade away Vaughn.

That geezing geezer is only 36.

I don't think  Hahn has ever done a deal with the As without getting fleeced; and the As may not want to change precedent and do a deal without fleecing him, so I'll take a pass.
But if they are serious about Montas, please scout a few of his starts first.

• Like 1

My guess is that Hahn or an agent close with Sox leaked this. Basically - hey guys, get off my back. i checked in, this is what they wanted. it's not happening. 

I wonder what the Reds were asking for Gray. 

Sox should (And probably have) explore with the Marlins. That team has so much pitching depth its scary...

Alcantara, Lopez, Rogers, Eleiser Hernandez, Luzardo, Meyer, Sixto Sanchez, Eury Perez, Edward Cabrera ... THATS NINE! DEEP!

I'm not sure how you navigate the Cuban pipeline and Colas/Cespedes or their perceived value ... nor do I know what we could/would trade them ... but I'd quite literally take any single one of those guys. Based on what we need right of way + cost my wish list would be in this order:

• Eleiser Hernandez - probably one of the cheapest options to acquire and like his stuff. They can just slot in no issue internally
  • Pablo Lopez - they were known to have him on the table in offseason. He's legit and would slot in right away on par with Cease or so
  • Sixto Sanchez - roll of dice. maybe buy low candidate. his shoulder is really troubling, but if healthy he can slot in as an immediate impact arm. You just can't have any expectations of innings from him which is kinda what we need right now. 
  • Rogers - he's expensive. he's good. 
  • Alcantara - probably untouchable, that's why he's so low. I'd trade Vaugh for him .... and I wouldn't trade Vaughn for many. 
  • Eury Perez - he's Grayson Rodriguez ... he's 19? 20? He will be Jose Fernandez type household name soon. Hell, If the price was right I'd slot him right after Pablo Lopez ... he could probably be with the Sox by year end working in a Kopech type role last year
  • Luzardo/Cabrera - i put them together. both have a wild streak. not the type of arm i want to rely on with where we are as a team. 
  • Meyer - he's great too, just costs a lot. 

2 minutes ago, he gone. said:

My guess is that Hahn or an agent close with Sox leaked this. Basically - hey guys, get off my back. i checked in, this is what they wanted. it's not happening. 

I wonder what the Reds were asking for Gray. 

Sox should (And probably have) explore with the Marlins. That team has so much pitching depth its scary...

Alcantara, Lopez, Rogers, Eleiser Hernandez, Luzardo, Meyer, Sixto Sanchez, Eury Perez, Edward Cabrera ... THATS NINE! DEEP!

I'm not sure how you navigate the Cuban pipeline and Colas/Cespedes or their perceived value ... nor do I know what we could/would trade them ... but I'd quite literally take any single one of those guys. Based on what we need right of way + cost my wish list would be in this order:

• Eleiser Hernandez - probably one of the cheapest options to acquire and like his stuff. They can just slot in no issue internally
  • Pablo Lopez - they were known to have him on the table in offseason. He's legit and would slot in right away on par with Cease or so
  • Sixto Sanchez - roll of dice. maybe buy low candidate. his shoulder is really troubling, but if healthy he can slot in as an immediate impact arm. You just can't have any expectations of innings from him which is kinda what we need right now. 
  • Rogers - he's expensive. he's good. 
  • Alcantara - probably untouchable, that's why he's so low. I'd trade Vaugh for him .... and I wouldn't trade Vaughn for many. 
  • Eury Perez - he's Grayson Rodriguez ... he's 19? 20? He will be Jose Fernandez type household name soon. Hell, If the price was right I'd slot him right after Pablo Lopez ... he could probably be with the Sox by year end working in a Kopech type role last year
  • Luzardo/Cabrera - i put them together. both have a wild streak. not the type of arm i want to rely on with where we are as a team. 
  • Meyer - he's great too, just costs a lot. 

Sixto - not an option, broken and hurt again 

Rogers/Alcantara - untouchable so not an option 

Eury - 2/3 years away and untouchable so not an option 

Luzardo/Cabrera/Meyer - would cost Vaughn so not really worth it 

Lopez - would probably cost close to Vaughn so not an option bc we don't have something to trade close to Vaughn's price

Hernandez - the only feasible option to get help on SP side from the Marlins, but what could we trade.....Colas, Cespedes and Colson aren't going anywhere so im not sure what we could trade