Micker clears waivers, to Charlotte

Heads22

On 3/22/2022 at 1:23 PM, Buehrle>Wood said:

Is Micker becoming a good contributor even bold at this point? If not, then that

On 3/22/2022 at 2:24 PM, southsider2k5 said:

If this is bold, I am going to the opposite end and predict he clears waivers at the end of spring and goes back to Charlotte.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MackowiakYakYak said:

I’m glad he’s still with the org and I don’t think it’s a bad thing for his career. He really needs minor league at-bats to find what his approach will be in the majors.

You know if ST was any indication of his approach I was actually impressed. I don't like to compare anyone with Robert but if it was Menechino and hard work from Robert that had him going the opposite way and cutting down on K's, that's exactly what I saw Micker doing. Still has a way to go but with his power if he can improve his hit tool and be more selective I like his chances.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bmags said:

Happy he’s back, if this was 2019 mlb with 15 teams rebuilding he’d have found a team. Hope he goes to Charlotte, cuts his k rate to mid twenties and keeps hittin bombs 

Charlotte being a bandbox bodes well for the last part of that.

31 minutes ago, Quin said:

Well, MLB Trade Rumors says it's a "little surprising."

Think its more than a little surprising teams like Baltimore, KC, Oakland, Washington, Miami, Pittsburgh, Arizona, Colorado wouldn't take a roll of the dice.  All it costs is a roster spot, and if he sucks, you cut him.  

Good news for the Sox though, even if he's still unlikely to make it to the bigs in 22.  I assume he'll be milb FA at the end of this season if not added back to 40 man? 

• Like 2