White Sox Winner!

ron883

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

Usually Ron would get absolutely torched for putting up a game winner thread when the game is still going on, but at 10-1... we'll allow it.

I've garnered enough seniority and respect around here to get away with it

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, MackowiakYakYak said:

Everyone except Reese got a hit but he was great defensively. Bullpen gets the player of the game for pitching 5 innings with no hits and a low pitch count.

The rookie bullpen arms are the series MVP as well. Only one earned run in 5 and 2/3rds innings. 0 Hits, 3BB, and 6K

Danny and the Juniors (Mendick, McGuire, Harrison, Engel) all did pretty good. Since I haven't seen anything about Kopech yet, it was a very nice outing by him also.

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Danny and the Juniors (Mendick, McGuire, Harrison, Engel) all did pretty good. Since I haven't seen anything about Kopech yet, it was a very nice outing by him also.

Agreed. There really wasn't an MVP for the game as much as the team just played quality baseball overall. The defense made all the plays they needed to and a few extra (Harrison spin-o-rama and McGuire scoop-n-gun), pitching kept the drama to a minimum, and all the bats were working with the hitting core doing damage.

Love to see some quality baseball from our guys showing the Tigers what a real playoff roster looks like. But so I don't bring the baseball gods' wrath upon our team, the Tigers do have some solid pieces and we could have more competitive games with them later in the year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MackowiakYakYak said:

Agreed. There really wasn't an MVP for the game as much as the team just played quality baseball overall. The defense made all the plays they needed to and a few extra (Harrison spin-o-rama and McGuire scoop-n-gun), pitching kept the drama to a minimum, and all the bats were working with the hitting core doing damage.

Love to see some quality baseball from our guys showing the Tigers what a real playoff roster looks like. But so I don't bring the baseball gods' wrath upon our team, the Tigers do have some solid pieces and we could have more competitive games with them later in the year.

It was almost like the Sox didn't miss Moncada, Pollock, Kelly and Leury with as much as everyone contributed. Also Timmy just being Timmy and in the lineup is the best.

It's only three games, but this Harrison guy looks like a pretty good baseball player. From the reaction on the board when he was picked up, I was thinking we'd fallen into a ditch somewhere.
Today - good team win. The Sox are going to need this over the next 4-6 weeks - and then some.