Off Day

Texsox

28 minutes ago, Tony said:

At this point, most teams 3-4-5 are better than what the Sox have throwing out there, and it’s not like it’s always going to be a No. 5 starter vs. No. 5 starter in each matchup….things get blown up after the first few games. 

Not trying to be overly negative, this team 100% has the bats to overcome some bad starts….but that won’t last forever. Their current rotation is in a BAD place right now. 

download (2).jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

9 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Reb went 15-5 in 1917 for the White Sox, who won the World Series that season.  It's fate I tell you....fate.   Thank you Mr Banks.  

Reb also played some RF so go shag some flies will ya Tanner.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Texsox said:

I understand the need but dislike early season off days. 

2-1 split isn't bad, but obviously should have been a sweep. 

Injuries, how's everyone feeling? Is Soxtalk at full strength for tomorrow? 

Added turmeric to the nutrition to help recover from microfracture surgery in the knee. Going to attempt running for the first time this weekend.

Edited by ptatc
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Added turmeric to the nutrition to help recover from microfracture surgery in the knee. Going to attempt running for the first time this weekend.

I'll have some at the Opener tomorrow on my hot dog.

1 hour ago, Tony said:

At this point, most teams 3-4-5 are better than what the Sox have throwing out there, and it’s not like it’s always going to be a No. 5 starter vs. No. 5 starter in each matchup….things get blown up after the first few games. 

Not trying to be overly negative, this team 100% has the bats to overcome some bad starts….but that won’t last forever. Their current rotation is in a BAD place right now. 

Oh no I agree the rotation is a potential lead weight on the season, but other teams will get SP injuries due to the short Spring Training and disrupted seasons. This season is going to be big time about the depth in pitching teams have and I agree the cupboard is beyond bare in the Sox farm system.

1 hour ago, Chimpton said:

Oh no I agree the rotation is a potential lead weight on the season, but other teams will get SP injuries due to the short Spring Training and disrupted seasons. This season is going to be big time about the depth in pitching teams have and I agree the cupboard is beyond bare in the Sox farm system.

Yep, in agreement there, everyone is going to go through it at some point. My issue the whole time has been you could see that coming for everyone....just don't feel like the Sox were prepared for it. 

8 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

There's a lot of mediocre pitching in baseball this year and especially in the AL Central. Sox should feast and win a lot of 8-6 ball games. 

I think every pitching staff is gonna be beat to shit at some point this year, not something unique to the Sox. 

5 hours ago, bmags said:

This is where a good commissioner would be helpful.

To cut a dozen games from the schedule and start later and end sooner. Make the regular season mean more.

3 hours ago, ptatc said:

Good luck with the running.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tray said:

Great hitting but realistically, Detroit pitching was pretty awful . They hung a lot of pitches. Hope the hitting is contagious and it continues tomorrow at the Opener,.

How'd Vaughn look Tray?  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Texsox said:

To cut a dozen games from the schedule and start later and end sooner. Make the regular season mean more.

Still on that less baseball take eh? The way to make the regular season mean more is to stop expanding the playoffs.  Not making the season shorter.  Shortening the season would be awful.  Glad the PA agrees.  

19 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Maybe, that would be nice. But even forcing hospitable stadiums to host more april games and balance it out with revenue sharing so it's not northern teams getting out ahead seems like the thing that could be done if you were capable of doing things to improve the sport and not just hovering around the size of bases because they can't argue back.

25 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Still on that less baseball take eh? The way to make the regular season mean more is to stop expanding the playoffs.  Not making the season shorter.  Shortening the season would be awful.  Glad the PA agrees.  

One game out of 162 is less meaningful than  one game out of 150. It's very simple math.