Off Day

Texsox

11 minutes ago, bmags said:

Maybe, that would be nice. But even forcing hospitable stadiums to host more april games and balance it out with revenue sharing so it's not northern teams getting out ahead seems like the thing that could be done if you were capable of doing things to improve the sport and not just hovering around the size of bases because they can't argue back.

If it's too cold to play why are they starting the season? It's just a money grab for the owners. More games equals more money. I'm for the players playing less total games and owners making less. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

1 minute ago, Texsox said:

If it's too cold to play why are they starting the season? It's just a money grab for the owners. More games equals more money. I'm for the players playing less total games and owners making less. 

It's not too cold to play, it's too cold to enjoy.

1 minute ago, Texsox said:

Less baseball sucks.

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Less baseball sucks.

For the purists in 1900 they played 140 games. They have been adding ever since. 

Imagine a 140 games season and only the top team in each league advances to the World Series? Now that's a meaningful regular season. 

5 minutes ago, Texsox said:

For the purists in 1900 they played 140 games. They have been adding ever since. 

Imagine a 140 games season and only the top team in each league advances to the World Series? Now that's a meaningful regular season. 

True but it's still less baseball to enjoy.

7 minutes ago, Texsox said:

How do you rest your guys to keep them fresh for that World Series??

Less baseball games would mean longer, more important baseball games. Can't imagine if we had 120 baseball games as long as the playoffs.

Give me 162 2.5 hour baseball games and I'd be in hog, HOG heaven.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Less baseball games would mean longer, more important baseball games. Can't imagine if we had 120 baseball games as long as the playoffs.

Give me 162 2.5 hour baseball games and I'd be in hog, HOG heaven.

I really don't mind if a game goes 3 hours.

5 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Lynn is 6-8 more likely. 

It's ok, because Cease and Kopech are going to shove, and so will Gio in a couple weeks. Kopech's stuff is so good he can still get outs when he has no command like yesterday. 

Who are you?  What did you do with Jack?

40 minutes ago, ptatc said:

True but it's still less baseball to enjoy.

Less baseball but the best team in the league goes to the WS.  If the 59 Sox would have been knocked off by some bogus playoff team I would not have been happy.  They could play a 13 game series between the two league winners if that would provide enough money for everyone.

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

How'd Vaughn look Tray?  

I never said Vaughn  can't hit. I said he hit .235 and will be given the opportunity to prove himself this year ....before people equate him with the likes of....

Ohtani.. LOL at Steve Stone.

I also posted links to several dives he took last season ...before the one where he almost injured himself in ST. That's the one that may have cause Hahn to pull the trigger on the trade for AJP.

I'll be at the game tomorrow with my boys. Want to meet up?

2 hours ago, poppysox said:

Less baseball but the best team in the league goes to the WS.  If the 59 Sox would have been knocked off by some bogus playoff team I would not have been happy.  They could play a 13 game series between the two league winners if that would provide enough money for everyone.

True. However i just like going to games.