Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Texsox

Off Day

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, Tony said:

At this point, most teams 3-4-5 are better than what the Sox have throwing out there, and it’s not like it’s always going to be a No. 5 starter vs. No. 5 starter in each matchup….things get blown up after the first few games. 
 

Not trying to be overly negative, this team 100% has the bats to overcome some bad starts….but that won’t last forever. Their current rotation is in a BAD place right now. 

 

download (2).jpg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Quin said:

 

download (2).jpg

Well done, sir. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

 

Reb went 15-5 in 1917 for the White Sox, who won the World Series that season.  It's fate I tell you....fate.   Thank you Mr Banks.  

Reb also played some RF so go shag some flies will ya Tanner.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Texsox said:

I understand the need but dislike early season off days. 

2-1 split isn't bad, but obviously should have been a sweep. 

Injuries, how's everyone feeling? Is Soxtalk at full strength for tomorrow? 

Added turmeric to the nutrition to help recover from microfracture surgery in the knee. Going to attempt running for the first time this weekend.

Edited by ptatc
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great hitting but realistically, Detroit pitching was pretty awful . They hung a lot of pitches. Hope the hitting is contagious and it continues tomorrow at the Opener,.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Added turmeric to the nutrition to help recover from microfracture surgery in the knee. Going to attempt running for the first time this weekend.

I'll have some at the Opener tomorrow on my hot dog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tony said:

At this point, most teams 3-4-5 are better than what the Sox have throwing out there, and it’s not like it’s always going to be a No. 5 starter vs. No. 5 starter in each matchup….things get blown up after the first few games. 
 

Not trying to be overly negative, this team 100% has the bats to overcome some bad starts….but that won’t last forever. Their current rotation is in a BAD place right now. 

Oh no I agree the rotation is a potential lead weight on the season, but other teams will get SP injuries due to the short Spring Training and disrupted seasons. This season is going to be big time about the depth in pitching teams have and I agree the cupboard is beyond bare in the Sox farm system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, tray said:

I'll have some at the Opener tomorrow on my hot dog.

Pour it on like mustard!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chimpton said:

Oh no I agree the rotation is a potential lead weight on the season, but other teams will get SP injuries due to the short Spring Training and disrupted seasons. This season is going to be big time about the depth in pitching teams have and I agree the cupboard is beyond bare in the Sox farm system.

Yep, in agreement there, everyone is going to go through it at some point. My issue the whole time has been you could see that coming for everyone....just don't feel like the Sox were prepared for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a lot of mediocre pitching in baseball this year and especially in the AL Central. Sox should feast and win a lot of 8-6 ball games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got nothing to say today other than TA showing up yesterday and immediately ripping a double made laugh out loud. 
 

Such a stud. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

There's a lot of mediocre pitching in baseball this year and especially in the AL Central. Sox should feast and win a lot of 8-6 ball games. 

I think every pitching staff is gonna be beat to shit at some point this year, not something unique to the Sox. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bmags said:

This is where a good commissioner would be helpful.

To cut a dozen games from the schedule and start later and end sooner. Make the regular season mean more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ptatc said:

Added turmeric to the nutrition to help recover from microfracture surgery in the knee. Going to attempt running for the first time this weekend.

Good luck with the running.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tray said:

Great hitting but realistically, Detroit pitching was pretty awful . They hung a lot of pitches. Hope the hitting is contagious and it continues tomorrow at the Opener,.

How'd Vaughn look Tray?  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Texsox said:

To cut a dozen games from the schedule and start later and end sooner. Make the regular season mean more.

Still on that less baseball take eh? The way to make the regular season mean more is to stop expanding the playoffs.  Not making the season shorter.  Shortening the season would be awful.  Glad the PA agrees.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Texsox said:

To cut a dozen games from the schedule and start later and end sooner. Make the regular season mean more.

Maybe, that would be nice. But even forcing hospitable stadiums to host more april games and balance it out with revenue sharing so it's not northern teams getting out ahead seems like the thing that could be done if you were capable of doing things to improve the sport and not just hovering around the size of bases because they can't argue back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope Rick Hahn doesn't see this as an off day....what is the progress on those Vaughn trades??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is interesting.

 

Didn't show much power (4 homers) in the PCL, but had 6 triples. .348 OBP. He's turning 27 this year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Still on that less baseball take eh? The way to make the regular season mean more is to stop expanding the playoffs.  Not making the season shorter.  Shortening the season would be awful.  Glad the PA agrees.  

One game out of 162 is less meaningful than  one game out of 150. It's very simple math. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Quin said:

Didn't show much power (4 homers) in the PCL, but had 6 triples. .348 OBP. He's turning 27 this year.

 

Big time grades on speed, arm, and defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Quin said:

Didn't show much power (4 homers) in the PCL, but had 6 triples. .348 OBP. He's turning 27 this year.

 

If only homey could play 2B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×