HOME OPENER GAMETHREAD 4/12/22: Sox vs Mariners (Velasquez vs Brash) 3:10 pm CDT

TheTruth05

7 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Meh, the AV/Sheets thing will work itself out.

IMO, the bigger issue is that if Velasquez shits his pants, then everyone who wasn't paying attention this offseason, and/or the RH apologists will finally figure out that SP depth is and was an issue, from the second they stupidly gave Rodon away for free. I REAALLLY want Velasquez to pitch well, so that RH doesn't compound his moronic TDL and offseason by making a stupid panic buy for a SP.

Godspeed, Vince Velasquez. The future of this team hangs upon your shoulders. Fucking throw strikes today.

Nice work inventing more things to be mad at.  Literally the entire actual off season was spent with the Sox chasing SP, and the fans wanting SP.  It even appears that they are still chasing SPs.

22 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Nice work inventing more things to be mad at.  Literally the entire actual off season was spent with the Sox chasing SP, and the fans wanting SP.  It even appears that they are still chasing SPs.

Says the guy who is mad about Vaughn not playing, but then again you always seem to be on the right side of popular opinion.

26 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Thanks.  I think 130 starts and 140 games played is a reasonable expectation this year (assuming he is healthy all year, obviously).

Just want to put it out there now, if he gets hurt I will 100% find a way to blame La Russa for that as well. There isn't a la russa blame game hurdle someone could place in front of me that I will not clear emphatically. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, pcq said:

Of course the coaches are telling Tony to play AV. He is likely to log 500 AB's so let's enjoy his development this year. People also wanted a veteran OF and Sheets deserves his AB's as well. Most good teams have talent on their benches waiting for some PT.

Prediction:  Kelenic gets at least one cheap “hit” in the scorebook due to the presence of Sheets in RF.

18 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Says the guy who is mad about Vaughn not playing, but then again you always seem to be on the right side of popular opinion.

So why else do you have a long conversation with Vaughn AND a long conversation with your coaches over your line up?

And yes, I am mad that the Sox are not sending their best players out there more often.