Tell me about your Scouts Seats experience

bmags

On 4/12/2022 at 8:11 PM, Marqhead said:

Is the good all you can eat food setup back? I know there were restrictions last year. 

Yes, my brother said they served the pregame buffet in the Stadium Club, then he would take the elevator to the 100 level or back to the Stadium Club during the game to get decent beer since you only get Bud Light and other AALs in the scout seats. Said the staffing and inventory was limited last year.

8 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Yes, my brother said they served the pregame buffet in the Stadium Club, then he would take the elevator to the 100 level or back to the Stadium Club during the game to get decent beer since you only get Bud Light and other AALs in the scout seats. Said the staffing and inventory was limited last year.

Thank you! Was actually going to repost this as I was wondering about it at the game yesterday. 

My take is going to differ from most here. 

I think there's value in Scout Seats if you get them for the right price. When the Sox sucked and I lived in the city, I'd just wait 2-3 hours before game time, and grab them for $100-150 a ticket. Now the lowest prices seem to be around $225 for mid-week games and like $275 for weekends. Lot tougher to justify that way. That said, if you want to be close to the action and batting circles you're probably paying $100-125 for the first 5 rows anyways. Scout Seats tend to iclude a parking pass, so factor that in too. Now the kicker turns into how much of a glutton do you wanna be? If it's a Saturday game and you're down to drink and eat until you feel like a fat pig? Then there's value, because it's all you can drink ... and if you're gonna throw back 8 tito's and sodas? Or 8 Gumballheads? Plus all the food ...? it really isn't that bad. if you were to be a pig and do that at regular seats you could easily rack up a $150-200 food bill. As I've gotten older though I don't find the patio pregame, scout seats, all you can eat experience to be as fun, but if you do? Then you can easily justify the ticket price. 

I actually prefer to go to like 3-4 games a year in scout seats rather than 8-10 games in my diamond box seats. 

But as some people have alluded to, the quality continues to go down hill. for a while there they were doing some really nice options of healthier foods, lighter foods, well-made ... now I find the staidum club, guaranteed rate club and scout seats to have just slightly better than the rest of the ballpark food. 

It is great to have no line to bathrooms and nice bathrooms, but the walk to get there is probably 3-5 minutes. so really not saving a ton of time. as people mentioned you're tipping (or should) tip the inside and outside people which is another $20. Seats are wide and padded which is cool. if there's a giveaway you get it no matter what, and at least when they were bad you'd get more than one ... i think one game i walked away with like 6 t-shirts. 

Overall I'd recommend if you can grab a seat for $200-250 all-in and you come thirsty/hungry.