Tell me about your Scouts Seats experience

bmags

Background: I found a great-value deal to sit in floor seats but not courtside seats for a bulls game in January. It had much of the same perks, much cheaper, but I dealt with some sight line stuff. But I had a blast.

With the food menu stuff out, I'm wondering if people could help me answer the following questions:

- Are they fun enough on their own to target day game/weak opponent matchups? Are they even fun or are 200 level seats just as good

- Is the food good?

- Who is the best company to bring with you for scout seats?

- Will it make me not want to sit anywhere but scout seats in the future?

Follow up; If this happens, what is the best small business to start to make me the next M&M man, and how long does it take to typically get to M&M man level and I can afford season tix scout seats?

Thanks sox fan forum for your insight.

Since we have a thread on premium seating, I just want to go on record as stating that the White Sox premium seating sales team sucks.

I emailed them about suite costs and options on March 25th through their webform, complete with details of what I was looking for and to find out.  I got a generic reply 5 days from someone carrying the title of "Manager of Premium Seating" 5 days later, which ignored all of the information in that webform, and asking what I was looking for.  I answered it the next morning.  Over time I received 2 different emails offering 40% of certain suites.  After not hearing anything for 5 days, I emailed this same person back again, mentioned the 40% off.  It is now six days after the last email, 11 days total  since the last correspondence from the White Sox, and 16 days after I first requested information, and I still don't have any of the information I requested.

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

Background: I found a great-value deal to sit in floor seats but not courtside seats for a bulls game in January. It had much of the same perks, much cheaper, but I dealt with some sight line stuff. But I had a blast.

With the food menu stuff out, I'm wondering if people could help me answer the following questions:

- Are they fun enough on their own to target day game/weak opponent matchups? Are they even fun or are 200 level seats just as good

- Is the food good?

Follow up; If this happens, what is the best small business to start to make me the next M&M man, and how long does it take to typically get to M&M man level and I can afford season tix scout seats?

I hear baseball owners do quite well.

Also educators in China are quite heavily compensated. $$$

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

Just now, wegner said:

I hear baseball owners do quite well.

Also educators in China are quite heavily compensated. $$$

I don't think baseball owners count as small business. Not even sure I could scrape the capital together for a Dunkin Donuts franchise. 

Just so @Chisoxfn feels safe, I will rule out creating a rival sox fan forum with my admin skills.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Since we have a thread on premium seating, I just want to go on record as stating that the White Sox premium seating sales team sucks.

I emailed them about suite costs and options on March 25th through their webform, complete with details of what I was looking for and to find out.  I got a generic reply 5 days from someone carrying the title of "Manager of Premium Seating" 5 days later, which ignored all of the information in that webform, and asking what I was looking for.  I answered it the next morning.  Over time I received 2 different emails offering 40% of certain suites.  After not hearing anything for 5 days, I emailed this same person back again, mentioned the 40% off.  It is now six days after the last email, 11 days total  since the last correspondence from the White Sox, and 16 days after I first requested information, and I still don't have any of the information I requested.

I have a feeling the baseball biz strategy of pay dirt to sales and marketing people because you are offering a foot in the door to working for a baseball org may be running into "competitive labor market" for the first time in 30 years.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

I don't think baseball owners count as small business. Not even sure I could scrape the capital together for a Dunkin Donuts franchise. 

Just so @Chisoxfn feels safe, I will rule out creating a rival sox fan forum with my admin skills.

Sorry about that.  I looked it up and a small business can have up to 1500 employees...I thought the Sox might be under that # in their employment.

Good luck...I'm rooting for you.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

They had to lay off sales staff in order to give Giolito that extra $50K he wanted.

18 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I've had similar experiences with my season ticket rep.  Can be like pulling teeth trying to get information.

14 minutes ago, Spumoni said:

I've had similar experiences with my season ticket rep.  Can be like pulling teeth trying to get information.

As someone who has had season tickets for many years, once a full season, now a  20 game plan, it's been my experience the better the team, the worse the customer service, which if it was a choice, I would take the better team. When the team sucks, they get back to to right away. They have season ticketholder events, and give away gifts and things like free patio parties. One year we even got to take batting practice. Now you get nothing and like it. 

Edited by Dick Allen

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

As someone who has had season tickets for many years, once a full season, now a  20 game plan, it's been my experience the better the team, the worse the customer service, which if it was a choice, I would take the better team. When the team sucks, they get back to to right away. They have season ticketholder events, and give away gifts and things like free patio parties. One year we even got to take batting practice. Now you get nothing and like it. 

This makes the most sense honestly.  It's too bad, because I am out here trying to help them pay for their trade deadline moves, but they don't want my money.

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

This makes the most sense honestly.  It's too bad, because I am out here trying to help them pay for their trade deadline moves, but they don't want my money.

Did you ever get pricing? I got a pdf from mine and can forward to you.

22 hours ago, bmags said:

- Is the food good?

I would venture to guess "poll please" that not too many people on Sox Talk have Scout Seats.

22 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

call 312-674-1000 they answer on the first ring.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bmags said:

- Is the food good?

Just one man’s opinion:

-they are not fun enough to inspire me to make a special effort to get there.  You can buy a normal seat in the adjacent section and be inches away from the scout seats.  It will not “spoil you for anything else.”  

-The coolest part to me is the special entrance/exit thru that tunnel that you don’t otherwise get to see.  The food is very “separate” but the same quality as the stadium club (or whatever they’re calling it these days).  Otherwise it’s just a seat behind home plate with some of the extra pomp and circumstance that comes from a “vip”’ seat, which honestly makes me feel uncomfortable in a baseball game setting.  I hate the luxury box experience, usually sitting next to some Cub fan in a blazer who clearly knows nothing about the team.  I gaze through the netting at the “normal” seats and kind of want to kick my own ass 🤣

7 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Just one man’s opinion:

-they are not fun enough to inspire me to make a special effort to get there.  You can buy a normal seat in the adjacent section and be inches away from the scout seats.  It will not “spoil you for anything else.”  

-The coolest part to me is the special entrance/exit thru that tunnel that you don’t otherwise get to see.  The food is very “separate” but the same quality as the stadium club (or whatever they’re calling it these days).  Otherwise it’s just a seat behind home plate with some of the extra pomp and circumstance that comes from a “vip”’ seat, which honestly makes me feel uncomfortable in a baseball game setting.  I hate the luxury box experience, usually sitting next to some Cub fan in a blazer who clearly knows nothing about the team.  I gaze through the netting at the “normal” seats and kind of want to kick my own ass 🤣

This is good stuff. That was what my prejudice was but I had never done it and thought maybe it was all-in more fun.

I’ve found most fun is I’ve had that feels different is when you are sitting close to batters circle. Had some fun convos with visiting players.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

This is good stuff. That was what my prejudice was but I had never done it and thought maybe it was all-in more fun.

I’ve found most fun is I’ve had that feels different is when you are sitting close to batters circle. Had some fun convos with visiting players.

Yeah I’m a huge fan of sitting behind the visitor’s box and chatting up the players who are cool, and engaging in a little of the long-lost art of heckling for the ones I don’t like.  That’s a good time!  Not a lot of that going on in the scout seats, which really have a pretty low quality cross section of fandom in my experience.  Laptops

9 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Way back in the day I had Bulls season tickets. Then they drafted this kid Michael. Yeah, service went to hell. Then when they opened the new stadium our "equivalent" center court seats became behind the baseline corner seats. I never had an issue with the Sox during the 80s and 90s. I wonder why? 

On 4/11/2022 at 1:55 PM, bmags said:

- Is the food good?

It’s been a few years, so things may have changed, but I’ve been to the scout seats a few times (my brother’s company gives him tickets), and I thought they were great. We were right behind the plate - sat a little bit higher than fans the camera shows from the CF shot on pitches.

The pregame buffet was really good quality (carving station, vegetables, and the typical ballpark food - fries, wings, beefs, etc), and there was a menu at the seat to order more food/drinks/snacks. 

To me, the experience of scout seats is way better than a luxury box. You actually feel like you’re at a game. Luxury boxes are so disconnected, and the few times I’ve been the buffet wasn’t much more than wings and hot dogs.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

My friends and I do a baseball trip every year, and I’ve had similar experiences a few times  with some of the ticket offices in other cities. I just want a price sheet and what is offered. It’s not that hard. One of my pet peeves is trying to ascertain the cost of something I may want to buy, and not being provided the info.

The food in the scout's lounge has steadily went down over the years.   We started just eating in the ballpark. Rumor is that it will improve this season.

The parking perk took a major hit when they closed the entrance right off 35th.  You used to be able to get out quickly after a game.  Now you essentially park in the same spot near the stadium but it is at the very back of Lot E.  Sounds trivial but it was a gamechanger for the ease of my commute.

My seats are near a corporate sponsor's seats.  They have chatty people in them every game, and they are usually talking about stuff other of the game.  I don't hold it against the individuals personally but it does get old that it is that way every game.

I tip my waiter in the lounge and then again in the seats so that is another expense. 

The good?  Seats are wider.  No one sitting right on top of you.  I'm sure everyone has had a game ruined by an unfortunate seat neighbor. Obviously, if you usually spend $25 on food and another $50 on beer in normal seats, that makes the Scout Seats a tad cheaper.  No or little wait for the bathrooms is nice at games that draw 30k+.  

I've always marveled that they sell as many of the scout seats as they do.  I've speculated that many most be lumped in as "value" into big corporate sponsorships.  Like if Ford does a multi million dollar sponsorship they receive a million dollars in suites and tickets back.  Pretty easy to value the Scout Seats as $1200+ for 4 and that ads up quickly.

So in conclusion, NO, they are definitely not worth the money if you are value hunting.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, GREEDY said:

I've always marveled that they sell as many of the scout seats as they do.  I've speculated that many most be lumped in as "value" into big corporate sponsorships.  Like if Ford does a multi million dollar sponsorship they receive a million dollars in suites and tickets back.  Pretty easy to value the Scout Seats as $1200+ for 4 and that ads up quickly.

That's accurate, same with the GR Club. Went last year and ended up behind a group from Proven IT, included who I believe was their CMO. They must've had 8 tickets for every game together. 

Edited by soxfan18