4/12 Games

BamaDoc

17 minutes ago, bmags said:

Colson Double! 2-2 with a BB

At this rate, dude will be in High A by the end of the month.

Wasn't his ETA originally like 2025? Seems like it could be alot sooner....like maybe mid 2023. Could even put him at 2B for awhile to start while 3B and SS are filled.

28 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Wasn't his ETA originally like 2025? Seems like it could be alot sooner....like maybe mid 2023. Could even put him at 2B for awhile to start while 3B and SS are filled.

Sweet lord I don't want to see him traded.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Yolbert 1-2, 2B, BB.

He can not be long at this level.

Maybe it's irrational, but there is part of me that thinks he could be serviceable in the majors right now. His hit tool and defense should play anywhere.

Hopefully he gets the promotion to Charlotte soon.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Impossible for me to take him seriously as a big leaguer until his plate discipline improves

My way too early take is he ends up replacing Adam Engel in a year or so.  He still has time to get the discipline in check and exceed that, but gun to head that’s where I peg his long-term role at the moment.

51 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I think if everything went right with Colson you’re looking at a 2024 ETA.

2 hours ago, SoCalChiSox said:

The front office will unfortunately be able use his emergence as leverage with TA's deal up after 2024...approaching his age 32/33 season (and assuming they exercise all the option years, zero reason at this point to think they wouldn't.)

For a high school player, the arrival time generally ranges from 3 1/2 years (starting with draft year) to 5.

So somewhere in the middle to end of the 2024 season would be the ETA.  The jump from Low A to High A is really tough adjustment for high school kids who are playing against guys 3-5 years older, as well as from High A to AA.

Edited by caulfield12

Micker played for charlotte,  Kubat 3 shut out relief innings.   Down in A, Beard doing a little something including a steal of home.  He was supposed to be really raw.  It would be nice if he became something.

14 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

The front office will unfortunately be able use his emergence as leverage with TA's deal up after 2024...approaching his age 32/33 season (and assuming they exercise all the option years, zero reason at this point to think they wouldn't.)

For a high school player, the arrival time generally ranges from 3 1/2 years (starting with draft year) to 5.

So somewhere in the middle to end of the 2024 season would be the ETA.  The jump from Low A to High A is really tough adjustment for high school kids who are playing against guys 3-5 years older, as well as from High A to AA.

They'll take their time with Montgomery.  Anderson and Moncada aren't going anywhere until after the 2024 season at the earliest.  No reason to rush him up to the big league team just to have him sit on the bench or play out of position.  Could see him split 2022 between A/A+, but have a full season next year at AA, and another full season at AAA.  And that's assuming he's doing well of course.

23 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Do we know much about this Kohl Simas cat other than undrafted free agent? Most I've found is he's a Fastball/Curveball guy. Also a bit old for Low-A.

Either way he has 23.4 SO/9 after last night. 🤣

If he sustains that, I think he'll do OK. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1