GAMETHREAD 4/13/22: Sox vs Mariners (Keuchel vs Ray) 6:10 pm CDT

TheTruth05

• Quin pinned this topic
1 minute ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

this is the perfect game for Dallas to pitch imo.  3-1 record and facing a lefty.

Ray is like the one lefty we’ve struggled against though.  I don’t want to be a downer here, but Keuchel installs zero faith at the moment.  Hopefully he proves me wrong and give us solid five innings that keep us within striking distance.

3 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

I don't think they'd skip him. I think they'd pitch Lambert in G1 and Keuchel in G2 so they know how much bullpen that have left after Lambert's start.

So would it be a double-header tomorrow?  I guess I didn’t think about that element.

Also, are double headers seven inning games in the new CBA?

15 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Honestly, I hate rainouts, but skipping Dallas would be worth it.

They will do everything possible to get games played on schedule this year.  No place to go with rainouts.  I suspect more than a few games this year will be played in absolutely atrocious weather.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

this is the perfect game for Dallas to pitch imo.  3-1 record and facing a lefty.

When facing Ray a loss is expected...if we win with Dallas on the mound it's a gigantic victory.  Basically, a no-lose situation.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Other than playing 2 tomorrow, only other realistic option I see is 8/29. Both teams are off and Seattle is in Detroit the next day so not bad travel-wise.

I wish I had an insider to tell me what the Sox are thinking ... these are my favorite type of games to buy tickets to. Grab yourself half-price tickets and possibly get a beautiful 8/29 game. Unfortunately i think the DH is probably the most realistic. 

Sox would love for Keuchel to pitch one inning  or even better yet, just warm up and then the game get washed.  Nightmare scenario if Dallas is serviceable (but not great) and healthy this season and approaching 160 IP during the pennant run.  He does not strike me as the type to take his innings getting limited quietly. 

Edited by GREEDY
  • Like 1