AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

Keuchel looked good for most of his start.  He did seem to hit the patented Dallas Keuchel wall in the 5th, but up to that point he looked better than he did for much of last season.

Loved seeing the back-to-back HRs from Tim and Luis.  As long as Robert can stay healthy, he's going to be an absolute monster.

The bullpen once again looked solid.  I'm not worried about Hendriks, but he's got to get past whatever he's doing to give up the big hits on the fastball.

This is an exciting team, and that's without some key players.  At full strength, this team could be one of the best in the league.

As I said in the thread I'm bullish on Keuchel this season. I believe 12 wins is likely. Based partially on him but also our offense and bull pen. It's a contract year and likely will be his last contract that he'll have a little leverage.

4 minutes ago, Texsox said:

As I said in the thread I'm bullish on Keuchel this season. I believe 12 wins is likely. Based partially on him but also our offense and bull pen. It's a contract year and likely will be his last contract that he'll have a little leverage.

Which would be huge considering they only need #5 starter type numbers from him this year.

Again, not only him. He needs help. But I'm expecting to see flashes of the 2017 - 2020 guy with the durability of the 2021 guy. But I'm a little biased from watching him in Houston. 

And it's an amateur take fueled perhaps by wishful thinking.

1 minute ago, Texsox said:

One more thought, even at his 2021 productivity, just staying healthy and getting 30+ starts is a benefit to this rotation. It's not like he'll blow out his arm with his fastball. 

That's a good point.  He's a nibbler that uses location vs. speed.  He was locating pitches well last night, and some of his changes looked great.  He got into trouble last year because he was missing his spots...a lot.  If we can get last night's Keuchel all year, I'll be more than satisfied.

• Thanks 1