4/14 Games

BamaDoc

16 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Burke gets out of a bases loaded 5th. I imagine he's done as the bullpen was up.

5.0 IP 2 H 1 ER 2 BB 5 SO.

Didn't throw much offspeed or breaking pitches. Pretty much overpowered folks with his fastball.

really liked seeing him get out of that jam with just one sac fly. But yeah he won’t be able to just blow by guys soon.

8 minutes ago, ron883 said:

He seems too good for A+ tbh. Would like to see him in AA or AAA (selfishly, AAA because that place is a bandbox)

His ops is around .700.  I would be afraid to put him in bham. Cespedes in 20 ab has 10k.   Rodriguez at about 40 %k. 

39 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

His ops is around .700.  I would be afraid to put him in bham. Cespedes in 20 ab has 10k.   Rodriguez at about 40 %k. 

He's gotten a bit unlucky in that a few doubles should have been HRs but in any event, I expect his OPS (currently 749) to get into the 800s or higher fairly soon. He prolly will stay in High A for at least a few weeks because they don't like giving someone three levels in one year and they also need an excuse to keep him in AAA a bit next year for service time.

I would say he'd be in High A through the end of May and if he's killing it, he could be sent to Birmingham in June. That will be a big jump.

Edited by SoCalChiSox
  • Like 1