All Injuries - One Link

Texsox

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

@ptatc what is the significance in a position player throwing off flat ground and what makes throwing from a mound more or less stressful? Inquiring minds (mine) want to know.

39 minutes ago, Texsox said:

@ptatc what is the significance in a position player throwing off flat ground and what makes throwing from a mound more or less stressful? Inquiring minds (mine) want to know.

The mound is more stressful due to the "falling downhill" increases the angles of all the joints and increases all of the muscle forces to slow the body down.

It increases the acceleration but also increases the deceleration forces needed, is another way to look at it.

There really isn't a significance for the position player ti throw on flat ground. I think he was just including him with Lynn to say he is throwing. Which is significant as throwing places a great deal if stress on the hamstrings.

• Thanks 1

On 5/5/2022 at 7:37 AM, southsider2k5 said:

So according to this report, we should have Moncada and Joe Kelly, and possibly Cueto, on the team sometime during the Cleveland series, if not then maybe the first game against the Yankees, no?

Also, if Kuechel shits the bed again tomorrow vs. Boston, something has to be done with that. Whether that's Cueto or Lopez or someone else, can't continue just bombing every 5th game with the same guy. Gotta try something new. I don't care how much he's getting paid...and we definitely don't want him to hit that 160 inning mark to guarantee him another year on the team. Thankfully Velasquez has stepped up as late, so that's taken the sting away a bit.

Edited by ScooterMcGuire

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Would anyone mind noting who in the bullpen is actually hurt? After Lopez went out with back spasms last night I had to admit I wasn’t up on who was left alive.

Graveman-?

Bummer - IL

Crochet - IL

Reynaldo - who knows how long back spasms keep him out. 

Drawing a blank if anyone else is nursing anything. 

3 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Graveman-?

Bummer - IL

Crochet - IL

Reynaldo - who knows how long back spasms keep him out. 

Drawing a blank if anyone else is nursing anything. 

I don't even count Crochet when thinking through these as we will not be seeing him this season and I think if the FO thinks they have a shot this year he's gone at the deadline.

Edited by Spumoni

22 minutes ago, Iwritecode said:

I'm not sure losing games in May to division rivals to make sure players are healthy in October is the best plan.

Wont be a postseason if the Sox insist on throwing their worst arms in big spots.