All Injuries - One Link

Texsox

The Angels have an infielder having surgery on bilateral adductors.  What si with muscles injuries this year? They should be caught up physically by now.

Is it some weird side effect of microdosing that we have seen in football due to the length of the season?

It's truly baffling.

35 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Feels quite rushed to me.  I hope he gets a solid rehab assignment to find his swing again.

Yeah. It's quick. Not out of the realm of possibilities but way on the fast end of returning.

23 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Eloy is a danger to himself and to the players around him when he's in LF. Not letting him play out there is the best interest of all involved for a variety of reasons.

Yep.  The sooner the Sox realize Eloy should be the everyday DH the better.  But, they've shown very little willingness to accept this, so I fully expect them to run him out there in LF.  Next time her hurts himself he'll probably take Luis, TA or Yoan with him. 

1 hour ago, maxjusttyped said:

Eloy is a danger to himself and to the players around him when he's in LF. Not letting him play out there is the best interest of all involved for a variety of reasons.

He is but he was hurt running to first base. How are you going to prevent that?

13 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I don't think you can, unless the plan is for him to retire from baseball. If there's a way to reduce Eloy's (or any individual players) likelihood of getting injured running the bases, that is much more your area of expertise than mine.

But you agreed that Eloy playing in the OF is dangerous. We all know it is for a variety of reasons. There is no reason to ever put him out there again.

Edited by maxjusttyped

6 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I don't think you can, unless the plan is for him to retire from baseball. If there's a way to reduce Eloy's (or any individual players) likelihood of getting injured running the bases, that is much more your area of expertise than mine.

But you agreed that Eloy playing in the OF is dangerous. We all know it is for a variety of reasons. There is no reason to ever put him out there again.

Running the bases is also dangerous. So it looks like relief pitching is the safest place for him.  

Just now, SCCWS said:

Running the bases is also dangerous. So it looks like relief pitching is the safest place for him.  

If there was a position on the roster Eloy could play that would make him exempt from running the bases, then they should put him there, too. Fortunately a position already exists to make sure he doesn't have to play on defense. 🙂

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yep.  The sooner the Sox realize Eloy should be the everyday DH the better.  But, they've shown very little willingness to accept this, so I fully expect them to run him out there in LF.  Next time her hurts himself he'll probably take Luis, TA or Yoan with him. 

Natural progression would have Eloy getting hurt a week or two after his return, this one for the rest of the season or til the start of the playoffs. Sorry to say, he's now got to be considered 'injury prone' til he proves otherwise. And he's not going to be back in two weeks. There is no way the Sox will bring him back quickly just to have him suffer a severe relapse.

24 minutes ago, ptatc said:

That is the million dollar question. Sudden bursts of speed seem like a recipe for disaster with some of the Sox incredible physical specimens. Sox should give Richard Dent a call and asked how he prevented hammy pulls/rips.

Edited by greg775

3 hours ago, PolishPrince34 said:

Did we get an update on Reynaldo Lopez? Was it back spasms or something else?

Removed from game for lower back pain.  Was in dugout on Tuesday night, not the bullpen.  My guess is no news is good news and he'll be back out there this weekend some time. 

14 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

If there was a position on the roster Eloy could play that would make him exempt from running the bases, then they should put him there, too. Fortunately a position already exists to make sure he doesn't have to play on defense. 🙂

Well, we do have an opening for a right handed reliever who throws 77-79 mph as a change of pace and has a proclivity for jumping into the protective netting on almost any occasion.

Must admit I couldn't care less if he returns quickly. It seems like he's going the wrong direction overall. Almost always swings at the first pitch

with lots of soft ground balls. Last third of his rookie year and the short 2020 season he looked like a beast in training. Not any more.