GT 4/15: Rays @ SOX, 6:10 PM CT, Apple TV+

3 minutes ago, Rusty_Kuntz said:

The last hitter for TB in the 7th had a 45% chance to reach base on a 1-2 count. 

Didn't Hawk play with a guy in Pawtucket that got a hit every time he had a 3-2 count?  Every....single....time...mercy

Edited by wegner
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

People like to hate on Jason, but they have no clue how spoiled we are with our broadcast. IMO the 2nd best announcing crew behind the Mets

I watch a ton of out of town baseball. Benetti and Stone are as good as it gets anywhere. I feel like i'm in the twilight zone when people complain about Benetti.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Are these stats for career? Last season? This year?

They say they are algorithms that take a bunch of stuff into consideration. They've named some of them but I'm not remembering it all. So all you people who are into advanced metric are all of a sudden doubting their algorithms without having any idea what exactly goes into it  just because it looks weird ?

3 minutes ago, Joshua Strong said:

Was there a normal spring training this year? I can’t remember 

that's a different conversation, we aren't talking about why Hendriks has sucked, we are saying that he has, and we aren't to be confident in him until he starts getting outs 

i don't think we should be giving any multimillionaire athlete excuses to be bad, no matter how accurate they might be.  there wasn't much of a spring training for any of these guys and yet some pitchers are doing just fine

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

I watch a ton of out of town baseball. Benetti and Stone are as good as it gets anywhere. I feel like i'm in the twilight zone when people complain about Benetti.

i think benetti goes way overboard with word associations.  he canNOT keep his mouth shut!  more than half his shit is about non-baseball.  throw in

the fact his hr calls are horrible.

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

What, this wasn't doing it for you?