GT 4/16: Rays at Sox, 1:10 CT

11 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Bad location and not enough velo on it right now. He left quite a few over the middle of the plate today. Good thing he got the slider over to Walls. 

he's hitting 97-98, it's just bad location and throwing fastballs in fastball counts because he can't locate the slider

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

After just 8 games?

That award almost always goes to managers who see their teams through 15-20 game positive swings from year to year in victories.

The Twins are down Buxton, Kiriloff and Sonny Gray now.  Every team in baseball has injuries due to a confluence of factors.

Last year as well

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

After just 8 games?

That award almost always goes to managers who see their teams through 15-20 game positive swings from year to year in victories.

The Twins are down Buxton, Kiriloff and Sonny Gray now.

And some fans here actually thought another team besides the Sox was going to win the Central?

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

LOL.

Zack Collins now looking like a HoF hitter in that Blue Jays lineup.

5/12 (417) 1 3 

(3/3 today with a homer)

Good for him. The Sox got what they needed in a catcher who can actually catch. Collins had no role here.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

After just 8 games?

The Twins are down Buxton, Kiriloff and Sonny Gray now.  Every team in baseball has injuries due to a confluence of factors.

Using injuries as an excuse for the Twins when you would never allow that for the Sox? So pathetic.

I might have to contact the sponsors lolololol

• Haha 1
  • Fire 3

7 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Unfortunately cruising to a division title seems to be a curse in the post season.

There will be adversity along the way and they’ve already experienced some. I just don’t see another team in the division near the same level of the Sox. If Cleveland had an offense, they’d be right there.

I’m not worried about Liam, he’s been one of the best relievers in baseball for 2-3 years, looks like the fastball is still there just having trouble locating. If I recall he went through two stretches like this last year, beginning of season and around the Field of Dreams game. 

9 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

Vaughn hitting 9th and the 1 hit wonder batting 6th. TLR needs to go F himself. This is ridiculous

9 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

With a fully healthy roster, Leury still will play everyday as I said back when we signed him in the offseason 

Leury should be hitting 9th until he gets himself straightened out.  Vaughn is a slugger.should not be hitting 9th.

1 hour ago, ShoeLessRob said:

I’m not worried about Liam, he’s been one of the best relievers in baseball for 2-3 years, looks like the fastball is still there just having trouble locating. If I recall he went through two stretches like this last year, beginning of season and around the Field of Dreams game. 

He is just Cardiac Liam at this time. Fortunately he has only blown 1 save.  Proves that it ain’t over until is over.