GT 4/16: Rays at Sox, 1:10 CT

1 minute ago, Polar Bear said:

Leury should be on the bench 6 out of every 7 days 

My bad, I meant for today’s game.  If we had kept Madrigal, we would not be dealing with Leury so much.  That Kimbrel trade was a bummer.  We didn’t need him. We needed a RF.

3 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

My bad, I meant for today’s game.  If we had kept Madrigal, we would not be dealing with Leury so much.  That Kimbrel trade was a bummer.  We didn’t need him. We needed a RF.

Trading Madrigal for Kimbrel ended up getting us a RF.

6 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Trading Madrigal for Kimbrel ended up getting us a RF.

Right.  But we needed a RF last season.  That God awful Goodwin cost us a few games.  Atlanta traded/acquired 3 outfielders last season and won the World Series.  We stood pat stuck with Goodwin and Leury and we did not go too far.

What's awesome about Liam is that he has the mental toughness to close out games even when he doesnt have his best stuff or isnt getting results. He has a 2.4 WHIP and is 4/5 in Save situations. The Velo is still where it needs to be so I'm not worried hell get back to his usual self.

Kimbrel's fastball is down a MPH since last year (1.4 MPH since 2020) which makes me a bit less confident that he will outperform his metrics this year