GT: Sox @ Guardians Game 2: Lambert vs. McKenzie

ChiSox59

16 minutes ago, fathom said:

This Guardians team is better than the current Sox team with all the injuries

That current DH lineup would struggle against some of the best AA and AAA lineups with Lambert starting against an established big leaguer...

Edited by caulfield12

7 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I kind of think veterans should be treated differently, but I would hope and think these guys would WANT to play the 2nd game.

Maybe they do but La Russa is sticking with the plan. This team operates as if they're the best team in the NBA - they give rest and guarantee quite a bit of it under the guise that these games don't matter because they're so talented and the playoffs are a lock. It's a dangerous path to choose. 

I also think it's a bad mindset to play with and did them a disservice last year.

I think a lot of TLR teams probably did this when he was with the Cardinals. It might just be his managing style. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

I think a lot of TLR teams probably did this when he was with the Cardinals. It might just be his managing style. 

Always been his philosophy. Give the bench ayers regular time to keep them sharp and rest the regulars frequently to keep them sharp.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

If they're going to have a decent offense they might be better than the Sox at full strength. 

If Kwan and Miller end up being good then their offense should be close to average this year. With their pitching, that could end up giving us a run for our money.