GT: Sox @ Guardians Game 2: Lambert vs. McKenzie

ChiSox59

Just now, fathom said:

Hard to have a good eye when your head is flying off the ball

Yeah, even just watching the pitches he's taking (and arguing about having taken for strikes).

Maybe it's just me from the past few games I've seen, but it seems like he's just.... off.

Yes it’s early but let’s play this. As of now Cleveland has a +22 run differential on the season. That is currently good for third best in baseball. it will probably fall to 4th because the Giants have a 5 run lead, unless someone hits their pitcher, I wonder if he’s any good.

Meanwhile the white Sox have a -5 run differential, which would be tied for 19th. 

Cleveland has the same record as the White Sox, but so far they look to be playing legitimately solid baseball.

4 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

This team just sucks right now. Including the weather.

The main problem is lack of being humble. This organization talks championships and about how good they are so they coast and breeze through the season. There doesn't seem to be a sense of urgency or the will to dominate. 

Just now, Greg Hibbard said:

If you wanted rest for the stars, pull them in inning 3 of game 1 and put them back in for game 2 and pound Guardian ass. It’s like we are managed by an absolute fucking moron

We are. TLR has forgotten more about the game than most of us will ever know. But he has no clue what he’s doing, and this isn’t new. He’s been awful since day 1. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Yes it’s early but let’s play this. As of now Cleveland has a +22 run differential on the season. That is currently good for third best in baseball. it will probably fall to 4th because the Giants have a 5 run lead, unless someone hits their pitcher, I wonder if he’s any good.

Meanwhile the white Sox have a -5 run differential, which would be tied for 19th. 

Cleveland has the same record as the White Sox, but so far they look to be playing legitimately solid baseball.

And they have a much better manager than the Sox.

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

The main problem is lack of being humble. This organization talks championships and about how good they are so they coast and breeze through the season. There doesn't seem to be a sense of urgency or the will to dominate. 

A lot of people also forget that before the rash of injuries (including the season-ender to Bieber), Cleveland was supposed to be a contender last year.

It seems like they're starting 2022 the way they were supposed to have been playing / producing in 2021.

Just now, Balta1701 said:

The problem is the Reds are making every team look great...they're playing over their heads now, but they are at the very least competitive again.  The extensions signed have really reinvigorated the franchise, at least for the time being.

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

We are. TLR has forgotten more about the game than most of us will ever know.

...yes... and he seems to demonstrate that he's continually forgetting more and more with each passing day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

And those subs aren’t good.  It’s 100% inexcusable to trot out that lineup let alone against a key divisional rival.  Stop carrying the water for this organization…you are better than that.

My point is, how do you know the regulars would have done any better? They sucked in game 1 and the ones that played in game 2 sucked as well.

3 minutes ago, JoeC said:

A lot of people also forget that before the rash of injuries (including the season-ender to Bieber), Cleveland was supposed to be a contender last year.

It seems like they're starting 2022 the way they were supposed to have been playing / producing in 2021.

Nah, not worried about Cleveland. They started well last year as well. Their lineup stinks and their rotation won’t stay healthy all season either.

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

My point is, how do you know the regulars would have done any better? They sucked in game 1 and the ones that played in game 2 sucked as well.

Because this is baseball and one bad game against Shane Bieber doesn’t mean you will automatically suck the next game?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

If you wanted rest for the stars, pull them in inning 3 of game 1 and put them back in for game 2 and pound Guardian ass. It’s like we are managed by an absolute fucking moron

I don’t think he would’ve pulled his starters and forfeited the game in the third inning. The more reasonable complaint is the ridiculousness of the game 2 lineup with the amounr of off days they’ve had recently. And his reluctance to sub in regulars into late inning matchups.  

10 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

This is coming from one of the more positive posters on the board, in general...

4 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Nah, not worried about Cleveland. They started well last year as well. Their lineup stinks and their rotation won’t stay healthy all season either.

Well, we don't have a Yermin Mercedes playing ungodly over his head in April, ourselves...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Because their careers and talent level is going to give you a better chance to win that quite literally the worst lineup your roster allows you to construct. This game was punted. No effort to win. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Because this is baseball and one bad game against Shane Bieber doesn’t mean you will automatically suck the next game?

Not automatically, no, but like I said the regulars in game two were terrible. If those guys hit better, they win this game. The scrubs Haseley, McGuire, Garcia, and Medick reached base 6 out of 14 plate appearances. 

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Because their careers and talent level is going to give you a better chance to win that quite literally the worst lineup your roster allows you to construct. This game was punted. No effort to win. 

See post above. The scrubs didn’t cost the Sox this game as much as we’d like to pin it on them. The regulars need to do better. It’s that simple.