GT: Sox @ Guardians Game 2: Lambert vs. McKenzie

ChiSox59

6 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

This lineup has me beyond infuriated with TLR. Especially coming off of two days off and probably another couple in the next week because of crappy weather.

What irony it would be if the Sox miss the playoffs by one game.

You are right on, and particularly after losing the first game.

3 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

yeah if only we didnt have an entire previous season of evidence to suggest that wasn't the reason.

Not to mention it was announced at 11 AM (during pre-game interviews) that Haseley, Garcia, Mendick, and Harrison were starting the second game

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

This loss is 100% on TLR and McEwing to a lesser extent. Didn’t use all his weapons during the game and allow it to get to Clase in the 9 th on a one run game.  Abreu was ready to hit but he grabbed some bench instead in the 9 th. TLR should have treated this game as a long extra inning game and play our best lineup.  Didn’t seeCleveland sitting Jose Ramirez in the second game…

Francona >> TLR

• Like 1

Just now, wegner said:

In my opinion, the key to the offense last year was Grandal....he's been struggling so far.

When he has hit the ball hard this year, it's been right at people. He at least walked a lot last year, but we're not seeing that so far. There's also been a ton of weak contact, which didn't happen that often last year, even when he wasn't hitting. 

1 minute ago, wegner said:

In my opinion, the key to the offense last year was Grandal....he's been struggling so far.

Lot of hard hit outs. His strike zone command hasn't been quite as elite either. I think he'll get there; his slumps always look bad. I can't help but wonder if the knee is still bothering him too given his limited time at catcher.

• Like 1

I think Grandal looks like crap with his strike zone judgment this year so far.

Hopefully that's not indicative of something else going on with his eyes, because that is what makes his bat elite.

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lot of hard hit outs. His strike zone command hasn't been quite as elite either. I think he'll get there; his slumps always look bad. I can't help but wonder if the knee is still bothering him too given his limited time at catcher.

As I said earlier, I think putting him at DH a lot right now is a huge mistake.

Just now, JoeC said:

I think Grandal looks like crap with his strike zone judgment this year so far.

Hopefully that's not indicative of something else going on with his eyes, because that is what makes his bat elite.

Hard to have a good eye when your head is flying off the ball

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He did almost get one in the gap today but CF made a nice play.