White Sox vs Guardians GT 4/21/22

soxfan49

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I can't remember,  we're there injuries in the playoffs.

Aside from Madrigal being out, the lineup was generally healthy. Engel had a shoulder issue that was cleaned up after the year, but he continued playing - and LaRussa once pinch hit for him with Cesar, put Leury in RF afterwards, and it led directly to a double that put away a game.

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I can't remember,  we're there injuries in the playoffs.

No.  He started him over Cesar twice and Engel twice.  Can argue starting him over Cesar but the point is he's always going to find a way to get Leury in there.  He's not playing Leury because he thinks his starters need rest, he's playing him because he thinks he is a starter.

3 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Benetti didn't even mention Leury when he read through the lineup. Went from Robert to "Abreu in the 4 hole"

They also didn't list Leury on their 3 players lifetime vs Plesac

Neither were unintentional

Benetti and Stone both know they aren't allowed to say a negative word about TLR because he's Jerry's guy

11 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

Leury started all 4 playoff games last year.  Tony absolutely cares about Leury's performance and will plan to play him a ton in the playoffs if we get there.  He's throwing him out there because he thinks he's much better than he is, not the reason you're giving.

Looking back this is inaccurate. He did start 3 out if the 4 but in 2 of those it was in place if Hernandez at 2B. With as bad as hernandez was playing I don't blame the Sox for playing him over Hernandez.

I think Garcia lead the team in RBI on the playoffs.

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Benetti and Stone both know they aren't allowed to say a negative word about TLR because he's Jerry's guy

Leury is 5-13 lifetime vs Plesac. He's hitting 3rd. Neither are negative words but they intentionally left those out on purpose anyway

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

8 pitch first inning. 

It's like me playing MLB The Show. 

Oh my god this just reawakened a memory of when I had a Road to the Show player hitting .380 with a .375 OBP and some absurd OPS for the Cardinals...and Tony LaRussa benched him for not taking enough walks. I went from starting RF to randomly playing out of position, where my defensive stats were bad. So I kept getting buried on the bench.

Oh my fucking god it was a prophecy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, soxfan49 said:

Leury is 5-13 lifetime vs Plesac. He's hitting 3rd. Neither are negative words but they intentionally left those out on purpose anyway

Maybe they're smart enough to realize that doesn't mean anything. But then why have the graphic in the first place? shrug

• Like 1