Luis Robert mild groin strain, status TBD

Balta1701

1 minute ago, JoeCredeYes said:

Was anybody in the training staff fired from last year?  I thought I remembered seeing that somebody was, but I see James Kruk is still there since taking over for Brian Ball in 2020. 

Allen Thomas did. He was the director of strength and conditioning. 

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

Until Engel or Pollock get hurt 

I can see TLR running Pollock in CF cause he's played there in the past before. Little does he know, Pollock is almost 35.

If anybody needs to be babied like TLR babied the team yesterday, it's Pollock.

Just now, chw42 said:

I can see TLR running Pollock in CF cause he's played there in the past before. Little does he know, Pollock is almost 35.

If anybody needs to be babied like TLR babied the team yesterday, it's Pollock.

We will definitely see Haseley a few times a week and Leury out there as well.  This lineup is loaded!

3 minutes ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

Anyone else notice that Robert always looks like he's wincing? I can never tell if he's in pain or if that's just the face he makes

Him and Yoan all the time, but this seems legit if Tony is already saying IL is possible.

1 hour ago, FLsoxfan said:

Isnt this a minor form of the injury he had last year? Wonder if there is some relation to it.

Last year was a hip flexor.  They are more anterior in the hip. If this is truly "groin l" they are more the medial area lime the abductor longus or gracilis.

1 hour ago, JoeCredeYes said:

Was anybody in the training staff fired from last year?  I thought I remembered seeing that somebody was, but I see James Kruk is still there since taking over for Brian Ball in 2020. 

This isn't the job of the athletic training staff. This is more the strength and conditioning people who create and run the conditioning/ injury prevention programs. The athletic training group treat the injuries once they occur.