4/23 GT: Sox @ MIN (3:05 CST)

Time to stop fucking around and end this losing streak.  Here’s how I approach to today’s game if I’m Tony.  First, you must acknowledge that Bundy is both tough & RHP.  As such, I’m stacking the lineup with all my left-handed bats.  That means Legend, Sheets, Haseley, Grandal, & McGuire all must play.  Jose & Tim are vets so they get starts.  Eloy had that big hit in the 9th so he gets a start.  And hopefully Harrison is ready to go, because I need that Big Energy at the bottom of the lineup.  Now setting the lineup gets a bit tricky with so many studs, but you got break up all those righties. 

1. Anderson, SS
  2. Legend, 3B#
  3. Abreu, 1B
  4. Grandal, DH#
  5. Jimenez, LF
  6. Sheets, RF*
  7. McGuire, C*
  8. Harrison, 2B
  9. Haseley, CF*

Damn that lineup looks as sweet as a fresh bottle of Goose.  Table setters at the top and bottom and plenty of boppers in those #3 to #6 spots.  It’s well balanced too with just the right mix of vets & youth.  Definitely don’t want them young’uns to have to carry the load against a tough veteran pitcher.

Defense in the OF corners might be a little below average, but with Squeze on the mound today I’m not too concerned.  He’s been working hard with Katzy and I think he’s ready to pop.  I fully expect six from him today, but Severino should be ready to give two or three innings as well if need be.  I like that kid’s arm and he just needs the innings to breakout.  Overall I feel real good about what the arms are going to give us today.  We’re lucky that Hahn prioritized pitching coming out the lockout and got us an extra fire baller in Squeze.  He’s exactly the type of veteran pitcher we need to bust the slump we’re in in.

Let’s fucking go!

Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Time to stop fucking around and end this losing streak.  Here’s how I approach to today’s game if I’m Tony.  First, you must acknowledge that Bundy is both tough & RHP.  As such, I’m stacking the lineup with all my left-handed bats.  That means Legend, Sheets, Haseley, Grandal, & McGuire all must play.  Jose & Tim are vets so they get starts.  Eloy had that big hit in the 9th so he gets a start.  And hopefully Harrison is ready to go, because I need that Big Energy at the bottom of the lineup.  Now setting the lineup gets a bit tricky with so many studs, but you got break up all those righties. 

1. Anderson, SS
  2. Legend, 3B#
  3. Abreu, 1B
  4. Grandal, DH#
  5. Jimenez, LF
  6. Sheets, RF*
  7. McGuire, C*
  8. Harrison, 2B
  9. Haseley, CF*

Damn that lineup looks as sweet as a fresh bottle of Goose.  Table setters at the top and bottom and plenty of boppers in those #3 to #6 spots.  It’s well balanced too with just the right mix of vets & youth.  Definitely don’t want them young’uns to have to carry the load against a tough veteran pitcher.

Defense in the OF corners might be a little below average, but with Squeze on the mound today I’m not too concerned.  He’s been working hard with Katzy and I think he’s ready to pop.  I fully expect six from him today, but Severino should be ready to give two or three innings as well if need be.  I like that kid’s arm and he just needs the innings to breakout.  Overall I feel real good about what the arms are going to give us today.  We’re lucky that Hahn prioritized pitching coming out the lockout and got us an extra fire baller in Squeze.  He’s exactly the type of veteran pitcher we need to bust the slump we’re in in.

Let’s fucking go!

Did Tony hack into your account to write that lineup? Blink if you’re in trouble CWS. 

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think this offense needs Grandal to go on one of his hot streaks. 

Hopefully that double in the 9th yesterday gets Eloy going as well.

Also need a Velasquez outside of the one we got in the 1st inning last time.  This offense does not need any early holes to dig out of.

Alright, for real this time, we need to stop fucking around and win some ball games.  I’m sick and tired of fucking losing to mediocre clubs like the Indians & Twins.  Today isn’t going to be easy with Velasquez on the mound.  For those who dislike the color blue, I’d advise not looking at Vince’s Statcast page.  I’d love to make a case for the dude today, but there simply isn’t one to make.  We have to assume he gives up three or four in five innings and plan our lineup accordingly to overcome that.

So to start, no B squad dudes in the lineup.  I need all my core guys who are healthy in there today.  That means Abreu at 1B, Tim at SS, Grandal at C, Vaughn in LF, Eloy at DH, and Pollock in RF.  And as much as I’d love to fit Sheets in there somewhere, we can’t completely sacrifice OF defense with Velasquez on the mound.  As such, that means Engel gets the start CF in today.  To add some power potential I’m going with Burger at 3B.  And since death is not an option, I see no choice but go with Legend at 2B (curse you Hahn for it having to come to this).

In terms of sequencing, here’s how I’d arrange the lineup.

1. Anderson, SS
  2. Pollock, RF
  3. Abreu, 1B
  4. Grandal, C#
  5. Jimenez, DH
  6. Vaughn, LF
  7. Burger, 3B
  8. Engel, CF
  9. Garcia, 2B#

I think that lineup gets you five today.  With Velasquez likely giving up three or four as mentioned above we got to hope the bullpen can give us four quality innings.  That will be even more challenging with Graveman likely out pocket.  Just gotta hope that some combo of Lopez & Ruiz can get you to Bummer & Hendriks.  Would be nice to have Kelly right about now, but unfortunately when Hahn talked about prioritizing pitching he wasn’t really concerned with the first month of the season for some reason.

Execute the plan as outlined above and I think we win 5-4.  If Tony continues fuck around and set the lineup after a few too many Goose & water’s well then god help us all.

Either way, let’s fucking go!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Alright, for real this time, we need to stop fucking around and win some ball games.  I’m sick and tired of fucking losing to mediocre clubs like the Indians & Twins.  Today isn’t going to be easy with Velasquez on the mound.  For those who dislike the color blue, I’d advise not looking at Vince’s Statcast page.  I’d love to make a case for the dude today, but there simply isn’t one to make.  We have to assume he gives up three or four in five innings and plan our lineup accordingly to overcome that.

So to start, no B squad dudes in the lineup.  I need all my core guys who are healthy in there today.  That means Abreu at 1B, Tim at SS, Grandal at C, Vaughn in LF, Eloy at DH, and Pollock in RF.  And as much as I’d love to fit Sheets in there somewhere, we can’t completely sacrifice OF defense with Velasquez on the mound.  As such, that means Engel gets the start CF in today.  To add some power potential I’m going with Burger at 3B.  And since death is not an option, I see no choice but go with Legend at 2B (curse you Hahn for it having to come to this).

1. Anderson, SS
  2. Pollock, RF
  3. Abreu, 1B
  4. Grandal, C#
  5. Jimenez, DH
  6. Vaughn, LF
  7. Burger, 3B
  8. Engel, CF
  9. Garcia, 2B#

I think that lineup gets you five today.  With Velasquez likely giving up three or four as mentioned above we got to hope the bullpen can give us four quality innings.  That will be even more challenging with Graveman likely out pocket.  Just gotta hope that some combo of Lopez & Ruiz can get you to Bummer & Hendriks.  Would be nice to have Kelly right about now, but unfortunately when Hahn talked about prioritizing pitching he wasn’t really concerned with the first month of the season for some reason.

Execute the plan as outlined above and I think we win 5-4.  If Tony continues fuck around and set the lineup after a few too many Goose & water’s well then god help us all.

Actual odds of Leury not being in the top 6-7 hitters?   Odds of Vaughn not being in the bottom 3?   I mean, TLR can’t bench him for Sheets or Haseley, can he?

13 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

1. Anderson, SS
  2. Pollock, RF
  3. Abreu, 1B
  4. Grandal, C#
  5. Jimenez, DH
  6. Vaughn, LF
  7. Burger, 3B
  8. Engel, CF
  9. Garcia, 2B#

I'd go:
1. TA -SS
2. Vaughn -LF (GASP!)
3. Pito -1B
4. Grandal -C
5. Eloy -DH
6. Pollack -CF
7. Engel -RF
8. Burger -3B
9. Leury -2B

Edited by FoxForce2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

1. Anderson, SS
  2. Legend, 3B#
  3. Abreu, 1B
  4. Grandal, DH#
  5. Jimenez, LF
  6. Sheets, RF*
  7. McGuire, C*
  8. Harrison, 2B
  9. Haseley, CF*

Let’s fucking go!

I just want to know what you will do if you nailed it precisely.

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I just want to know what you will do if you nailed it precisely.

He will demand to be hired by the Sox front office for that 1/2 of DoUEvenShift's salary that he offered up.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

1. Anderson, SS
  2. Pollock, RF
  3. Abreu, 1B
  4. Grandal, C#
  5. Jimenez, DH
  6. Vaughn, LF
  7. Burger, 3B
  8. Engel, CF
  9. Garcia, 2B#

There it is. TLR gonna go with the first one tho. 

• Like 1