4/23 GT: Sox @ MIN (3:05 CST)

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lol these little weird tlr excuse makers always crack me up.

I couldn't care less whether TLR is here or not, I actually would prefer they got rid of him.  The point is that there are a lot bigger issues than where Leury is in the batting order, unfortunately I guess you don't realize it.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, RG23SoxFan said:

I couldn't care less whether TLR is here or not, I actually would prefer they got rid of him.  The point is that there are a lot bigger issues than where Leury is in the batting order, unfortunately I guess you don't realize it.

No, I realize that just because guys are scuffing doesn't mean you should ever bat your worst hitter 2nd and 3rd 3 days in a row.

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Said no one ever

No one may have said it but it dominated this message board the last few days.  I agree he should have never been near the top of the order but more concerned with what I am seeing from players who are actually supposed to be able to play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, zisk said:

Is Mike Matheny managing any where? This team needs a set of eyes from outside the organization to rebound from this shit.

That’s not the White Sox way. Once you’re in, you’re in for life. If you have no prior connection to the organization, you won’t be considered. 

Just now, RG23SoxFan said:

No one may have said it but it dominated this message board the last few days.  I agree he should have never been near the top of the order but more concerned with what I am seeing from players who are actually supposed to be able to play.

I don’t disagree 

Just now, RG23SoxFan said:

Leury is the starting 2b he is actually supposed to be able to play.

• Haha 2

Just now, Tony said:

That’s not the White Sox way. Once you’re in, you’re in for life. If you have no prior connection to the organization, you won’t be considered. 

Hahn will get fired, Tony will quit and KW and Ozzie go back to their old roles. The sad thing is I would take that in a heartbeat over the current duo.

1 minute ago, Tony said:

I know it. That's probably our biggest problem.

21 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Guys talking about blowing it up and trading giolito are funny though 

We are all frustrated but this is just April and it’s a long season. Teams will slump for periods so I am glad it’s early in the season and not September. I am more concerned with the injuries the Sox are experiencing 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Hahn will get fired, Tony will quit and KW and Ozzie go back to their old roles. The sad thing is I would take that in a heartbeat over the current duo.

I’d stop watching completely at that point. And I say that with confidence as I’m currently sitting outside with zero interest in watching the actual game. Soxtalk is more enjoyable than the product right now. I just don’t feel like spending my time on these guys.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tony said:

I’d stop watching completely at that point. And I say that with confidence as I’m currently sitting outside with zero interest in watching the actual game. Soxtalk is more enjoyable than the product right now. I just don’t feel like spending my time on these guys.

Unfortunately a few of my son’s travel games got cancelled today, or else I wouldn’t have been able to watch at all.  I know I’m overreacting, but this is legit some of the worst baseball I’ve ever seen this team play.

Just now, FLsoxfan said:

This guy just threw a penis 3 inches above the zone and Engel swings and misses, what am I watching

Well we know more and more about what Adam Engel likes apparently. 

3 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

We are all frustrated but this is just April and it’s a long season. Teams will slump for periods so I am glad it’s early in the season and not September. I am more concerned with the injuries the Sox are experiencing 

As the person who spent the offseason saying “this team will have a ton of injuries get ready” I can’t say I’m surprised by this.

Im used to slumps, we saw a 5 game losing streak last year where everyone was just bored. This just has a very different feel, it’s not just no one hitting, you’ve also got the defensive sh*tshow, you’ve got Keuchel and other pitchers getting shelled, and clearly some unknown personal issues going on. This definitely has a different flavor from slumps last year.

• Like 2

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'll say... imagine watching leury garcia the last 7ish years and thinking... man I gotta give this guy a 3 year extension.

It's like watching Patrick Williams shoot and jump shot and thinking... yeah, keep shooting like that. Form is great!

Hey, I think Williams has a good looking rainbow jump shot. He also shot the ball fairly well in a small sample. Leury Garcia hasn't really done the baseball equivalent of any of those things. 

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

As the person who spent the offseason saying “this team will have a ton of injuries get ready” I can’t say I’m surprised by this.

Im used to slumps, we saw a 5 game losing streak last year where everyone was just bored. This just has a very different feel, it’s not just no one hitting, you’ve also got the defensive sh*tshow, you’ve got Keuchel and other pitchers getting shelled, and clearly some unknown personal issues going on. This definitely has a different flavor from slumps last year.

Yeah the team might be 6-8 after today, but it feels like they're really 6-18 with all the shit that's going on in the last week.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

4 and 5 in the rotation are scary until Lynn gets back, but the top of this rotation good enough to carry this team. The offensive and defensive effort is just disheartening.

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Hey, I think Williams has a good looking rainbow jump shot. He also shot the ball fairly well in a small sample. Leury Garcia hasn't really done the baseball equivalent of any of those things. 

Not to mention one guy is 20 and is just getting started and the other guy is 31 and is who he is.

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

That guys load is slower than the loading of a musket. His jumper is complete trash. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'll say... imagine watching leury garcia the last 7ish years and thinking... man I gotta give this guy a 3 year extension.

It's like watching Patrick Williams shoot a jump shot and thinking... yeah, keep shooting like that. Form is great!

My hopes are not high for Williams, to say the least