4/23 GT: Sox @ MIN (3:05 CST)

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

None of them. Bob Hope with a gun to my head minus his politics I guess.

Tyler Danish in for Boston in a game perfectly emblematic of this zany season.

What?! You're the pop culture guru. Not even Don Rickles? C'mon man. 

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

As the person who spent the offseason saying “this team will have a ton of injuries get ready” I can’t say I’m surprised by this.

Im used to slumps, we saw a 5 game losing streak last year where everyone was just bored. This just has a very different feel, it’s not just no one hitting, you’ve also got the defensive sh*tshow, you’ve got Keuchel and other pitchers getting shelled, and clearly some unknown personal issues going on. This definitely has a different flavor from slumps last year.

What and who are the personal issues?  Ok Last year we heard that same stuff and I didn’t believe it then and don’t now. I think with Giolito and Lynn back our starting staff gets better plus i am thinking Kelly healthy and in the pen helps a lot

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, elrockinMT said:

What and who are the personal issues?  Ok Last year we heard that same stuff and I didn’t believe it then and don’t now. I think with Giolito and Lynn back our starting staff gets better plus i am thinking Kelly healthy and in the pen helps a lot

I'm reminded of Ozzie's quote. Curses? Nah, just 100 years of horse shit baseball. 

Personal problems? Nah, just a week of shit baseball. I watched about 1/3 of it that's personally all I could stomach everybody needs to find a cope because right now this team is shit. Might not be shit in a month, but right now it's shit.

2 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Tony was planning on resting Tim tomorrow but now that he was taken out he will start. Why does Tony think everyone needs to rest every few days?

Dude is 77. It’s been 50 years since Tony remembers what it feels like to be in your 20’s. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spumoni said:

What we're watching right now is pathetic. Front office and the whole team should be embarrassed.

Alas, this stretch is representing the worst of what this team was going to be, based on the (in)action of the FO this offseason.

The OF is still full of injury-prone types, and 1B/DH types. They did nothing to add solutions for hitting vs RHP. They made the rotation weaker. And they did nothing to contain TLR's tendencies.

I think it should get better, but it didn't have to be this way. The division will be much more interesting than it had to be.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Alas, this stretch is representing the worst of what this team was going to be, based on the (in)action of the FO this offseason.

The OF is still full of injury-prone types, and 1B/DH types. They did nothing to add solutions for hitting vs RHP. They made the rotation weaker. And they did nothing to contain TLR's tendencies.

I think it should get better, but it didn't have to be this way. The division will be much more interesting than it had to be.

That was their marketing plan all along.  Dramatic comeback.  Tension at the trade deadline.  Nail biting pennant race games to attend down the stretch.  Aging veterans to replace.

27 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

We still haven’t seen the Grandal lower body injury that results in McGuire/Seby behind the plate

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

06 Cardinals had two 8 game losing streaks and won the World Series. I worry Tony thinks he wants to challenge that

And 9 is the all-time record for a World Series winner...1953 New York Yankees. 

Must have been one long week of partying for Mickey Mantle and the boys.

3 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

They're never healthy

If it's not Eloy, it's Moncada. If it's not Moncada, it's Robert. It's a joke

Do the Sox have a problem with their strength and conditioning program?  Are the guys stretching properly.  Seems that we have so many hamstring/ leg injuries.

4 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

That was a sheets like route in LF

4 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

That was a sheets like route in LF

He must have learnt this route from Goodwin last season.  I thought we were liberated from Goodwin bad OF defense but not quite.

37 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

And 9 is the all-time record for a World Series winner...1953 New York Yankees. 

Must have been one long week of partying for Mickey Mantle and the boys.

I'm still disappointed that you don't like Don Rickles. What the hell's the matter with you?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Exactly. You don't rest any regulars tomorrow with a day off Monday. 

TLR is just a stubborn old man who is going to do things that he is used to doing no matter what. 

TLR is very formulaic, inflexible and does not adjust or change his ways.  Game has passed him by.  Time to retire like most of the people his age.

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

I'm still disappointed that you don't like Don Rickles. What the hell's the matter with you?

Of course I know who all those people are...I guess I was more into SNL, Richard Pryor, George Carlin, Eddie Murphy, etc.

I distinctly remember my father having a Cosby cassette tape, but I only liked The Cosby Show and not his stand-up.

Edited by caulfield12

2 hours ago, fathom said:

We still haven’t seen the Grandal lower body injury that results in McGuire/Seby behind the plate

I mean, this already seems like it's happening. McGuire is basically catching half the games so Grandal can rest his knee more.