4/23 GT: Sox @ MIN (3:05 CST)

Just now, SoxFanForever said:

Abreu looks broken

Is Ron finally right?  One thing's for sure, giving him a 2-3 year extension and then a fall off a cliff would be a disaster at this point in the contention window.  And opens up the spot.

But the problem is not enough offense without Jose, Jimenez, Moncada and Grandal all firing on all cylinders.

19 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

That's partially why Greg775 loves him so much. Anti Sabes.

I do hate Sabes. Though I was one of Bill James' first fans. Read his awesome ratings of players every year for a decade. Couldn't wait to get the Bill James Abstract right after it available.

Just now, greg775 said:

I do hate Sabes. Though I was one of Bill James' first fans. Read his awesome ratings of players every year for a decade. Couldn't wait to get the Bill James Abstract right after it available.

Yeah that came right along with collecting baseball cards and playing 1980 Stratomatic (when George Brett almost hit .400.)

4 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Unless Abreu wants to come back as a platoon player and the salary of one, the Sox need to move on from him after this season.

He's been messed up at the plate for one full season and a month now. I don't think he's finished yet. I don't know the guy but to me I think he's just been in a mental funk at the plate a while now. He's been the opposite of hitterish. Sox are who they are. A beat up team physically that has to hope to stay afloat til it gets healthy. If it doesn't get healthy it will have a disappointing season.

Edited by greg775

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

You realize he is here until he wants to be.  JR will make that happen

Those Sox ambassadorships are awesome.

He also might turn it on later as he's done almost every year.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Yeah that came right along with collecting baseball cards and playing 1980 Stratomatic (when George Brett almost hit .400.)

I didn't like stratomatic. I did like All Star baseball with the player discs. Love me some Bill James.