Sox @ Twins

Heads22

From what I can find the Sox were 54-35 at the ASB last year.  They finished 93-69 (39-34 post ASB). Add this year’s 6-8 and they’re 45-42 since last year’s ASB.  Counting the post-season they are 46-45 by my math.  Certainly possible that I missed something. 

39 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Tuesday's lineup needs to be some variation of

SS Anderson

CF Robert

1B/DH Abreu

C Grandal

RF Pollock

LF Vaughn

DH/1B Sheets

2B Harrison

3B Burger

I’m sure someone will get a day off after the day off.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'm sure it's right . I think they were 2 games over .500 after the ASG last year and combined with 2 games under .500 now  gets you at .500 in the last 92. Might've been some games in the 46-46 that were pre ASG.

exactly, an overrated .500 team

2 hours ago, gogosox1959 said:

1. Tim Anderson - SS

2. AJ Pollock - RF

3. Yasmani Grandal - C

4. Jose Abreu - DH

5. Gavin Sheets - 1B

6. Andrew Vaughn - LF

7. Leury Garcia - 2B

8. Adam Haseley - CF

9. Danny Mendick - 3B

When guys are going badly, the lineups look anemic. However this lineup is interesting. Hitters 1 through 6 are on paper pretty good. That's an average to above average 1 thru 6. But 7, 8 and 9? Yuk. So the question is ... how does a lineup with six acceptable to good options and three ridiculous options score 5 or more runs? Well the top six have to produce. I ask oddsmakers ... what are the odds those top six on a bleary day can produce 5 or more runs likely needed to win? Or on a strictly odds basis, is the fact three of the nine hitters strung in a row being lousy automatically means defeat?

Edited by greg775

24 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'm sure it's right . I think they were 2 games over .500 after the ASG last year and combined with 2 games under .500 now  gets you at .500 in the last 92. Might've been some games in the 46-46 that were pre ASG.

This is what the White Sox are.  Remember last year a lot of people thought they were just coasting the last couple of months to get ready for the playoffs, then they were going to turn it on when it really mattered.  It doesn't work that way.  The Sox are good enough to make the playoffs playing in a weak division.  But it's a flawed, injury prone roster managed by a bad manager.   Disappointing result after suffering through the rebuild.