Sox @ Twins

Heads22

1 minute ago, JoshPR said:

I really think Larussa has lost the team. But Jerry won't care. His ego is too big to admit it was a wrong hire

I agree; he has lost the team. Players want to win. If he hadn’t already lost it, he lost it when he played that triple-A lineup in 2nd game of Cleveland doubleheader.

I've been saying this, but this team feels exactly like the Twins team last year. Injuries, terrible defense, and bullpen implosions killed that team in April and they never recovered. Both teams started the year with a good shot to win the Central. The Twins had like a 50% shot according to FG on opening day in 2021. FG had the Sox at 60% this year. By May 1st, the Twins were 9-16 and their chances had dropped to just 17%. This can get out of control really quick if this team doesn't figure it out fast. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, GradMc said:

He can"t stay healthy.

A minor groin tweak is nothing big. If you are talking about whether he is on Buxton’s level, that 0/21 stretch is more important for now. Robert has taken over and won 1 game this year, but wasn’t helping t all before he got hurt.

1 minute ago, reiks12 said:

Buxton is one of the best players in baseball when hes on the field, Robert is not up there yet. He might be one day but you would be silly to take Robert over Buxton.

Poster stated: There is no one on CWS remotely as good as Buxton

this is completely wrong. Luis “might not” be as good as Buxton today but if he isn’t he’s not far off.

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I've been saying this, but this team feels exactly like the Twins team last year. Injuries, terrible defense, and bullpen implosions killed that team in April and they never recovered. Both teams started the year with a good shot to win the Central. The Twins had like a 50% shot according to FG on opening day in 2021. FG had the Sox at 60% this year. By May 1st, the Twins were 9-16 and their chances had dropped to just 17%. This can get out of control really quick if this team doesn't figure it out fast. 

But look at this starting rotation and compare it to the Sox this year. Unless the Sox rotation continues to suffer significant injuries, the two aren’t comparable.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/MIN/2021.shtml

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

But look at this starting rotation and compare it to the Sox this year. Unless the Sox rotation continues to suffer significant injuries, the two aren’t comparable.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/MIN/2021.shtml

Are Keuchel and Velasquez really that much better than what the Twins threw out there after Berrios, Maeda, and Pineda? 

7 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Lots of doom and gloom but this team is so much better than the 2021 Twins. Like miles better. I’ll still be shocked if the Sox don’t win the division.

Get ready to be shocked, because the Sox will not win the division if LaRussa remains at the helm. BTW, the team really doesn't have a closer right now.

Just now, wegner said:

Today's game recap:

They pitch to Jose Godoy like he's Byron Buxton

&

They actually pitch to Byron Buxton

I really didn't understand them throwing 2 off speed pitches to Godoy when he clearly couldn't hit the fastball. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Are Keuchel and Velasquez really that much better than what the Twins threw out there after Berrios, Maeda, and Pineda? 

That’s why I mentioned injuries as the caveat. Giolito, Lynn, Kopech, Cease, Cueto/Keuchel/whoever is considerably better than the twins rotation last season.

36 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

There no accountability. Tony will just shrug it off. As will Hahn and Kenny and JR

I don’t think Hahn is shrugging this off. I think he’d love to can TLR. Problem is it’s not his call and JR will never allow it. 

That was some painful shit. Went to all three this weekend. Saw that one coming. Larussa with 3 big mistakes in the 9th. Not pinch running for Yaz was dumb. No reason to not pinch run Engel on that spot. McGuire maybe stops that passed ball. Then not checking on Liam when he was clearly hurting, but worst of all - why in the flying fuck do you face Buxton there!?’?! You’re on a tough spot regardless but you set up the DP, get forces everywhere, Aarraez is super unlikely to homer. It makes less than no sense. 

Please for the love of god give us a new manager on Tuesday. 

• Love 1