Sox @ Twins

Heads22

15 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

I agree with this. I posted this a few pages earlier on this post. Something is going to happen tomorrow, a serious meeting with Jerry and Hahn and LaRussa. What happened on this road trip, as said, can’t be shrugged off. 

LaRussa will probably survive but he is gonna have to make concessions of some sort. I would guess that Leary playing every day is one of them. When Stone tweeted that Garcia, however he said it, doesn’t have a place or shouldn’t be on this team, that comment came with the blessings of Sox management.

Do you know for a fact there is going to be a serious meeting or just speculation?

5 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Do you know for a fact there is going to be a serious meeting or just speculation?

Scapegoating Leury hardly seems like the solution.  The studs need to be in the field and they need to start producing as paid and expected to.

Leury is not the one coming out of the bullpen blowing leads.

He is responsible for the White Sox giving him a three year contract instead of just 1 with an option?

Edited by caulfield12

3 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Since 2018, excluding the short season and this season, he’s averaging 59 games played per season. 59! Do I need to spell it out for you further? He can’t be counted on, simple as that.

LOl you are too funny. We were rebuilding he was just the kind of piece that you look for during a rebuild ! ANd now he's great right when we need him most. You take a chance on a guy like that every  single chance you get, no ifs, ands or buts about it . Who the hell can be counted on on the Sox right now ? Maybe you didn't notice but Ely is always hurt, Moncada is out, Lynn is out, Crochet is out , Robert is always hurt ,Madrigal got hurt and traded, Every single pitcher in our starting rotation has had Tommy John , Kopech missed a ton of time. You are amazing  .

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

I agree with this. I posted this a few pages earlier on this post. Something is going to happen tomorrow, a serious meeting with Jerry and Hahn and LaRussa. What happened on this road trip, as said, can’t be shrugged off. 

LaRussa will probably survive but he is gonna have to make concessions of some sort. I would guess that Leary playing every day is one of them. When Stone tweeted that Garcia, however he said it, doesn’t have a place or shouldn’t be on this team, that comment came with the blessings of Sox management.

They're 1 game back.

At best it dampens the walk up attendance for the Royals series.

Then again fans will be curious about losing streak...and how long it can possibly continue.

21 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Scapegoating Leury hardly seems like the solution.  The studs need to be in the field and they need to start producing as paid and expected to.

Yep. Scapegoating Leury doesn't meaningfully change a ton.

The main issues that people have bitched about all offseason haven't been addressed and surprise surprise they are biting us. 

A lack of true LH savagery.

A lack of meaningful SP addition. 

Penny pinching at 2B. 

Garbage depth.

A dinosaur managing who has no meaningful connection to these players compounding the problem by openly giving the finger to modern baseball analytics and concepts and instead managing like it's 1990.

Poor allocation of resources with overinvestment in the BP which is high risk given the great degree of variance year to year and surprise....guys that were good now suck. 

Edited by SoCalChiSox
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Sox Management signed Leury to a 3 year contract less than 6 months ago.  I think that could be a sign their management does think Leury has a place on this team. 

24 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

LOl you are too funny. We were rebuilding he was just the kind of piece that you look for during a rebuild ! ANd now he's great right when we need him most. You take a chance on a guy like that every  single chance you get, no ifs, ands or buts about it . Who the hell can be counted on on the Sox right now ? Maybe you didn't notice but Ely is always hurt, Moncada is out, Lynn is out, Crochet is out , Robert is always hurt ,Madrigal got hurt and traded, Every single pitcher in our starting rotation has had Tommy John , Kopech missed a ton of time. You are amazing  .

So you want another injury prone player on this team? Really? What is it with you and your longing for injury prone players? Eloy must be your favorite player on the Sox.

And I agree Eloy is always hurt as you mentioned. Funny thing is he’s played in more games than Buxton since joining the big league club in 2019. That just goes to show how injury prone Buxton truly is. Think Eloy but even worse.

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

11 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

So you want another injury prone player on this team? Really? What is it with you and your longing for injury prone players? Eloy must be your favorite player on the Sox.

And I agree Eloy is always hurt as you mentioned. Funny thing is he’s played in more games than Buxton since joining the big league club in 2019. That just goes to show how injury prone Buxton truly is. Think Eloy but even worse.

Compare career fWARs.

Or fWAR/season.

Or fWAR/game x 162.

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Compare career fWARs.

Or fWAR/season.

Or fWAR/game x 162.

This isn’t about fWAR. It’s about the guy’s ability to stay on the field. I’ve already said he’s great when he plays but he’s ALWAYS hurt and cannot be counted on. 

Do you ever complain about Luis Robert’s injury history? Cali did. Yet, Robert has been healthier than Buxton over the last few years AND has a higher fWAR per game played over his career. And you don’t think Buxton would be a source of constant frustration for Sox fans? Gimme a break.

18 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Stone Pony defending Larussa not walking Buxton on Twitter saying it was the right plan to try K Buxton, then walk Arraez to go after polanco. Crazy. 

One of those times when it's best to say nothing than try to defend that move.

1 hour ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Yep. Scapegoating Leury doesn't meaningfully change a ton.

The main issues that people have bitched about all offseason haven't been addressed and surprise surprise they are biting us. 

A lack of true LH savagery.

A lack of meaningful SP addition. 

Penny pinching at 2B. 

Garbage depth.

A dinosaur managing who has no meaningful connection to these players compounding the problem by openly giving the finger to modern baseball analytics and concepts and instead managing like it's 1990.

Poor allocation of resources with overinvestment in the BP which is high risk given the great degree of variance year to year and surprise....guys that were good now suck. 

I place #1 issue is TLR horrible managing job.  Pitching to Buxton in the 10 th today was unbelievably stupid.  Not pinch hitting Grandal yesterday.  Hitting Leury in the 3 rd spot hitting .059.  The list of blunders goes on and on.

5 hours ago, NWINFan said:

Get ready to be shocked, because the Sox will not win the division if LaRussa remains at the helm. BTW, the team really doesn't have a closer right now.

We need to remove TLR now before it is too late. The Hawks waited too long to remove Colliton and they could never recover.