GAMETHREAD 4/26/22: KC Royals at ChiSox (Lynch vs Keuchel) 6:10 pm CDT

Capn12

9 minutes ago, chw42 said:

It's not just that this team has lost 8 in a row, it's how they've been losing. They haven't scored more than 4 runs even once in the last 11 games. They now have the worst run differential in the AL. They lead the league in errors and have the worst WHIP in baseball. Pretty much nothing is going right. 

So there is only one direction to go lol...things are never as good as they seem and they never are as bad as they seem either.  Going to take more than 15 or 20 games for me to hit the panic button.  This last week or so has sucked but I still believe things will turn around.

Edited by RG23SoxFan

44 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

He hit a bomb yesterday for the win too.  Sox suck right now fuck everything.  Whose everyone's second team?

Most of family lives in the LA area and I've always had a soft spot for the Dodgers since the Fernandomania days...one of my aunts is a huge Dodgers fan, never misses a game. I was dumb enough to bet her a bottle of Patron tequila when they match up in June in Chicago, might as well buy her that bottle now 😞

Edited by MexSoxFan#1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RG23SoxFan said:

So there is only one direction to go lol...things are never as good as they seem and they never are as bad as they seem either.  Going to take more than 15 or 20 games for me to hit the panic button.  This last week or so has sucked but I still believe things will turn around.

This team is not good. They aren’t going anywhere.

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 2

They will turn around, but it’s gotta happen quick. Already gonna take a couple weeks of good ball just to dig out of this hole if they start now. 

1 minute ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Most of family lives in the LA area and I've always had a soft spot for the Dodgers since the Fernandomania days...one of my aunts is a huge Dodger fan, never misses a game. I was dumb enough to bet her a bottle of Patron tequila when they match up in June in Chicago, might as well buy her that bottle now 😞

Bet her double or nothing we score at least one run!  You may need odds. 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

Agree with the last poster who said TLR looks tired. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Tony steps down and Ozzie takes over at some point this year.

No more Ozzie.

Lets bring in Jim Leyland.  Another Sox coach from the '80s.  Jerry will go for it.

• Haha 1

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

They will turn around, but it’s gotta happen quick. Already gonna take a couple weeks of good ball just to dig out of this hole if they start now. 

Guess it depends what hole you mean, they are like 2 or 3 games out of the division lead.  Just lost 8 in a row so should be thankful we're in the division that we are in.

1 minute ago, Green Line said:

No more Ozzie.

Lets bring in Jim Leyland.  Another Sox coach from the '80s.  Jerry will go for it.

Isn't Leyland still pissed at how the Sox treated his friend, Gene Lamont?

Guess we'll see, I am speaking solely about the division.  Whether that makes them good or not Idk.

I agree with you.  They look really, really bad right now but they'll almost certainly be in contention for most of the year, especially with the expanded playoffs.  This division is horrendous.  Its going to get better soon, too much talent.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Green Line said:

I agree with you.  They look really, really bad right now but they'll almost certainly be in contention for most of the year, especially with the expanded playoffs.  This division is horrendous.  Its going to get better soon, too much talent.

I'm not sure the expanded playoffs mean much to the Central....I doubt any wildcards come out of this division.