"We still very much believe." Rick Hahn

caulfield12

1 minute ago, NWINFan said:

There really isn't much here, and I wouldn't expect Hahn to say much at this point. If things don't turn around, it will be harder to soft peddle stuff. 

For real, the fuck y'all want him to say?

"Eloy is a moronic gazelle, Tony doesn't know managing, and Leury Garcia can't bat." 

In what universe is that useful?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Quin said:

For real, the fuck y'all want him to say?

I mean I personally would love to hear him say his hands were tied and he isn't responsible for this stretch of more errors than runs scored.  

Otherwise he needs to shut up and not tell fans and the media that we are lazy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GREEDY said:

I mean I personally would love to hear him say his hands were tied and he isn't responsible for this stretch of more errors than runs scored.  

That's one way to get fired.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NWINFan said:

There really isn't much here, and I wouldn't expect Hahn to say much at this point. If things don't turn around, it will be harder to soft peddle stuff. 

He is well versed in saying a lot of words that convey no collective meaning.  I'm sure he'll find a way to lawyer speak away this mess too.

• Like 1

The concern for me is there was a LH starter that they just crushed last year, and they looked awful. I get that it is cold and all that goes with it, but KC got 6 runs. A shutout to me is something to be concerned about. There seems to be more going on here than a few injuries and a couple of slumps.

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

The concern for me is there was a LH starter that they just crushed last year, and they looked awful. I get that it is cold and all that goes with it, but KC got 6 runs. A shutout to me is something to be concerned about. There seems to be more going on here than a few injuries and a couple of slumps.

6 giftwrapped runs.  The Royals runs had far more to do with the Sox dreadful defense and all the walks as opposed to actually doing anything offensively impressive.  

Your point remains tho. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

They’re late on so many fastballs this year. Sox haven’t exactly faced deGrom and Scherzer either.

13 hours ago, GREEDY said:

What was the sophisticated analysis that would help us all understand that Eloy actually wasn't injury prone and was just a victim of "poor luck" or unusual/mitigating circumstances?

• Like 2

On 4/27/2022 at 4:18 PM, wegner said:

Haha I was going to do that one first but changed my mind.  Veruca's salt Dad....I love it.

On 4/27/2022 at 10:38 PM, chitownsportsfan said:

This is the post ur music thread no?

hey rick hahn:

Can't stop the Jeter

Not with a curve, not with a heater

• Love 1
  • Fire 1

Well that article is pretty good. Maybe Eloy isn't injury prone, the way Hahn describes it. The ill advised attempt at a catch caused the first major injury. This one still concerns me. I mean he's going to be hustling all out on grounders again; is he gonna tear something when he does it in cold weather months?