GAMETHREAD 4/27/22: KC Royals at ChiSox (Greinke vs Cease) 1:10 pm CDT

maloney.adam

2 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

If this brutal early losing streak leads to Tony getting his wings clipped early in the season then it was worth it.  I'll believe it when I see it though.

Losing 8 straight games is totally worth it to fire TLR? No it's not.

In this scenario, who replaces Tony and saves the Sox?

24 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Still no Robert.  Have to assume he had some minor set back as it sounded pretty certain yeseterday he'd be in there today.  Need him back in the lineup. 

Unless they just don't want him playing in the cold yet, its hard not to wonder if something isn't right yet.

26 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Still no Robert.  Have to assume he had some minor set back as it sounded pretty certain yeseterday he'd be in there today.  Need him back in the lineup. 

Didn't they also say yesterday he was still having some discomfort? Someone in the game thread did say that they were worried they'd push him too hard by having him in today based on their description, IIRC.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Losing 8 straight games is totally worth it to fire TLR? No it's not.

In this scenario, who replaces Tony and saves the Sox?

Anybody.  Literally anybody would be better.  Give the job to McEwing.  Promote jirschele to McEwing's job, and play out the season and do a real managerial search in the offseason.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Didn't they also say yesterday he was still having some discomfort? Someone in the game thread did say that they were worried they'd push him too hard by having him in today based on their description, IIRC.

I didn't see that.  Both Hahn and TLR said yesterday that he'd play today. 

1 minute ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I would lose 20 games in a row if it meant TLR was gone.  Our WS chances would improve imo

This statement is equivalent to the 10s of millions of people who moved to Canada when Obama/Trump were each elected to office.

In other words, you're full of shit. 

No Sox fan is rooting for their own team to lose. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

This statement is equivalent to the 10s of millions of people who moved to Canada when Obama/Trump were each elected to office.

In other words, you're full of shit. 

No Sox fan is rooting for their own team to lose. 

IF losing, guaranteed a firing, then yes, it would be better.  The problem is that he won't be fired regardless, because Reinsdorf won't allow it.

3 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

LOL

The delusion is real. Our World Series chances would improve if we fall to 6-22 and fire TLR?

We aren't winning with Larussa making decisions. If he gets fired after 6-22, then we'd be better off in 2023 because he is gone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just slather on the good old Icy Hot or Tiger Balm on shoulders,elbows, knees ,calves, thighs, and back. That'll keep you warm and muscles relaxed. Will also make for a lovely smelling training room , club house and dugout ! Probably will help avoid injuries too.

I'd have a metric ton of that stuff around and make sure the guys used it in the cold always.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

37 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Those statistics make me a bit ill to be honest.....from a Royals team that was 4th worst in taking walks coming in to last night's game.

Edited by wegner
  • Like 1