GAMETHREAD 4/27/22: KC Royals at ChiSox (Greinke vs Cease) 1:10 pm CDT

maloney.adam

Just now, fathom said:

Leury going in for RF?  Also, Abreu needs to be getting more days off.

I have no doubts he looks like Jose come July, but that’s not helping the Sox now. Vaughn should be getting some time at 1B

• Like 1

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

You asked if I still would rather have Keller. I said no. 

I didn’t ask anything. I didn’t quote you, and I didn’t put a question mark in it. I said “Still rather have Keller” meaning I’d still rather have Mitch Keller (😂😂) than Andrew Vaughn. 

Now obviously I don’t believe that, I was being incredibly sarcastic based on how stupid of a take it was, both then, and now. But it won’t stop being funny for quite a while. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

No. 

Still doesn't change the fact that he kills the Sox in the OF

He should be playing first base.  But we have a lifetime appointment there that is allowed to occupy the position until he decides it's time to hang them up.  

4 minutes ago, wegner said:

In case anyone else had the same question that I had from the last commercial break.....

Isn't a Chocolate Covered PayDay® Just a Baby Ruth®? A Baby Ruth® candy bar made by Nestlé is made of peanuts, caramel, and chocolate-flavored nougat covered in milk chocolate. A Chocolate Covered PayDay® bar is made of peanuts, caramel, and peanut-flavored nougat which is then covered in chocolate.

The Payday is superior to the Baby Ruth.

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

I have no doubts he looks like Jose come July, but that’s not helping the Sox now. Vaughn should be getting some time at 1B

Exactly, no reason to run him out there every game right now.  Would be a good way to improve outfield defense also :)

1 minute ago, Tony said:

I didn’t ask anything. I didn’t quote you, and I didn’t put a question mark in it. I said “Still rather have Keller” meaning I’d still rather have Mitch Keller (😂😂) than Andrew Vaughn. 

Now obviously I don’t believe that, I was being incredibly sarcastic based on how stupid of a take it was, both then, and now. But it won’t stop being funny for quite a while. 

I deserve the flak for that one. 

1 minute ago, Capn12 said:

Abreu is a whole lot of NOT FUN to watch right now.

He's past his prime but will continue to be played at 1B every day due to "respect" at the cost of playing time for young players like Vaughn and Sheets or forcing them to play out of position.

I like Abreu but he should not be treated  like he's still at the top of his game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

"fat, unathletic"

"should go to AAA for a few weeks"

"trade him for [insert borderline All-Star pitcher]"

These were your offseason hot takes about Andrew Vaughn, who fucking rakes.

I’m on the list of a few people who wanted to do the bolded. But I also realize it takes more than just Sheets to get Montas.

Then there was another list of people who seemed to be okay with not replacing Rodon with an established major league arm (and not just Kopech) and the depth on this club. That list should be kept too.