Fangraphs Top White Sox Prospects

DirtySox

Well, at least its gratifying for this board that after a few years of pointing out how impressive it is that some of these pedigree-less players like Rodriguez and Ramos (he had a decent bonus) were performing really well for their age/league it has now caught up to scouts. Though oof to look at that board without a single 50 is rough.

But it does feel like Birmingham used to be this black hole that sucked any promising talent through the depths, but if you survived you thrived.

Now it feels like it's Kanny. The lack of a league between AZ and Kanny feels like it has pushed a greater experience gap. Now it's basically college freshman aged players or younger mixed in with college seniors+, and in Kanny at one of the most brutal parks for hitting. Ramos hitting line wouldn't scream out to a zoomed out observer, but on this board there is enough history to see what he did and be impressed. Sho'nuff.

Colson has a long time to find power in both his limbs and his approach, but to not be overwhelmed is *chefs kiss*

OTOH boy yoelkis spring surge didn't last long.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Well, at least its gratifying for this board that after a few years of pointing out how impressive it is that some of these pedigree-less players like Rodriguez and Ramos (he had a decent bonus) were performing really well for their age/league it has now caught up to scouts. Though oof to look at that board without a single 50 is rough.

But it does feel like Birmingham used to be this black hole that sucked any promising talent through the depths, but if you survived you thrived.

Now it feels like it's Kanny. The lack of a league between AZ and Kanny feels like it has pushed a greater experience gap. Now it's basically college freshman aged players or younger mixed in with college seniors+, and in Kanny at one of the most brutal parks for hitting. Ramos hitting line wouldn't scream out to a zoomed out observer, but on this board there is enough history to see what he did and be impressed. Sho'nuff.

Colson has a long time to find power in both his limbs and his approach, but to not be overwhelmed is *chefs kiss*

OTOH boy yoelkis spring surge didn't last long.

I'm reminding myself that we have small sample sizes, but then also telling myself that they don't apply to Ramos, Yolbert, or any other Sox prospect doing well.

• Haha 1

Wish sox would have taken more local draft picks in 16-19 imo

11 minutes ago, Quin said:

I'm reminding myself that we have small sample sizes, but then also telling myself that they don't apply to Ramos, Yolbert, or any other Sox prospect doing well.

We rely on stats and sample sizes, but not really true of the scout writers. Yoelkis doing fine in AA right now, but we aren't seeing any broad re-evaluation of him being boosted by him showing to be a real baseball player in ST like some anonymous scout quotes implied, if anything he has fallen further.

Doesn't really matter, but as we follow these guys seems clear that we have a group of players that need to perform stats wise to believe in them, because there is no scouting report on any of these guys save maybe Kath that you can look past the struggles because they are so talented.