GAMETHREAD 4/28/22: KC Royals at ChiSox (Keller vs Kopech) 1:10 pm CDT

maloney.adam

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

They want more balls in play and for the running game to come back. HRs aren't balls in play. 

Yeah why don't you read that out loud and think about it again. Homeruns aren't balls in play....hmm.

2 minutes ago, Baron said:

Yeah why don't you read that out loud and think about it again. Homeruns aren't balls in play....hmm.

HRs don't count in the calculation of BABIP so they're not balls in play. balls in play result in outs,errors,  singles, doubles, or triples. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I believe this is what MLB wants. They want it to be this difficult to hit HRs, and for hitters to adapt accordingly, or get left behind. 

Only baseball would think scoring the long way would work in an age where almost everything is a click away 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

HRs don't count in the calculation of BABIP so they're not balls in play. balls in play result in outs,errors,  singles, doubles, or triples. 

Here's the problem though. Your idea of what the league would want to do hurts the league in an enormous way. 

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

They want more balls in play and for the running game to come back. HRs aren't balls in play. 

Fewer HRs and Ks, more balls in play and SB is the goal of MLB. 

Not saying you are wrong but it'd be weird if true. Because the last handful of years it's been HR or strikeout and seemingly baseball was/is fine with turning games into home run derby. Suddenly they wanna bring it back to speed and balls in play? I don't know about that. I think it's still hitters trying to hit HRs and pitchers throwing sliders in the dirt to strike out eager hitters.