GAMETHREAD 4/28/22: KC Royals at ChiSox (Keller vs Kopech) 1:10 pm CDT

maloney.adam

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

We all know this, but Tony will have to quit because Jerry won't allow him to be fired. 

Only because of the unceremoniousness of getting fired. If they can convince Tony to go back to the home in a couple weeks, then maybe this group can be salvaged. But it looks like another rebuild is coming. 

I don't know who is more stubborn, TLR/JR or the Chinese government here with their ill-advised Zero Societal Covid plan that is wreaking havoc on the entire world.  I'd call it a stalemate.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

We all know this, but Tony will have to quit because Jerry won't allow him to be fired. 

Only because of the unceremoniousness of getting fired. If they can convince Tony to go back to the home in a couple weeks, then maybe this group can be salvaged. But it looks like another rebuild is coming. 

It's hilarious that people believe TLR is the main problem with this team and things will get solved in a snap when someone new comes in. 

He's on a long list of much deeper issues 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I don't know who is more stubborn, TLR or the Chinese government here with their ill-advised Zero Societal Covid plan that is wreaking havoc on the entire world.  I'd call it a stalemate.

The Chinese are the only ones that seem to understand the seriousness of Covid. 

If you're not going to pursue zero covid then you better have a robust free healthcare policy and a generous social safety net.  You can't do neither because this is a mass disabling event. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

I don't know who is more stubborn, TLR/JR or the Chinese government here with their ill-advised Zero Societal Covid plan that is wreaking havoc on the entire world.  I'd call it a stalemate.

Greatest non sequitur of your posting career. :notworthy I needed this. 

• Like 1

Just now, wegner said:

Just wondering since our current defense first Catcher is struggling defensively.

You won't see Perez until there's a major roster shakeup or retooling.

McGuire might have been looking for a slider there....crossed up.  But no excuses at home with a small crowd.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

I think Yaz and Pollock might have hit the age wall too. Father time comes for everyone.

The ball might be affecting Yaz negatively because his whole offensive game is based on 2B and HR. 

The weird thing for me with Grandal is the lack of walks. I'm thinking/hoping it's just a slow start like last year, but I do agree on the ball affecting him as I recall a couple barrel outs from him recently.

You never know with Pollock but I have a hard time believing that he's cooked this soon. He may not be as good as he was last year, but when healthy he was one of the best hitters on one of the best teams in baseball. I think he has 2-3 more above average years

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I think this made me laugh more than anything I've ever read on Soxtalk.

thank you for this lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

It's hilarious that people believe TLR is the main problem with this team and things will get solved in a snap when someone new comes in. 

He's on a long list of much deeper issues 

But he's more likely to go than guys like Keuchel or Harrison.  Those moves will continue to make Hahn look dumb and dumber by the week.

It's definitely not Menechino's fault,  the offense was fine last year when guys were healthy.

So they will fire Hahn instead??  Surprise resignation?

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

You won't see Perez until there's a major roster shakeup or retooling.

McGuire might have been looking for a slider there....crossed up.  But no excuses at home with a small crowd.

I didn't see it to be honest.  Just following on the game thread but he's been struggling blocking balls too lately which is discouraging after how he looked at the beginning of the season.

The win yesterday I guess has kept me off the ledge but losing 2 out of 3 to the Royals at home might be the worst so far....with the Angels coming in....Yikes.

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I think this made me laugh more than anything I've ever read on Soxtalk.

thank you for this lol.

At this point all one can do is laugh...and maybe tell grandchildren I was here in Wuhan for this entire debacle if I am still alive then.

5 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

So in 2042. Their legion (11,412) of cucks will continue enjoying the ride.

Can't wait for the ring ceremony for Tony passing Connie Mack as the all time winningest manager.

Now we really need that Weekend At Bernie's video.  Can we please find leadership of baseball teams or even the country under age 50 (I can say that at age 52 myself)!!!

And how the heck can NFL teams consistently find these great young coaches in their 30s and 40s when that job is 5-10x more demanding?

Edited by caulfield12

16 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

The Chinese are the only ones that seem to understand the seriousness of Covid. 

If you're not going to pursue zero covid then you better have a robust free healthcare policy and a generous social safety net.  You can't do neither because this is a mass disabling event. 

Just like the Ukraine War, right Jack.

8 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Now we really need that Weekend At Bernie's video.  Can we please find leadership of baseball teams or even the country under age 50 (I can say that at age 52 myself)!!!

And how the heck can NFL teams consistently find these great young coaches in their 30s and 40s when that job is 5-10x more demanding?

100 is the new 80.

Cell Jerry Cell!!!

Of all the bad baseball, and baseball decisions we have seen to date in the 2022 season, the one thing that really puzzles me is the handling of the roster. Players who get hurt don't go on the IL, they sit out 5-6 days. Then, they are allegedly better - but nope they miss a couple more, probably in part due to the weather. Is it that hard to look at a forecast or figure out that it has been a shitty spring for half the country? Add in that many of these guys seem to be slow healers. So why do Jimenez (first injury on foul ball), Roberts, Hendricks, and Harrison remain active, yet not able to play? Oh, I forgot there is so much depth on this team and they are on such a roll, there is no need to IL players and get them fully healthy - they can handle all of this short-handed. Just seems like a total fail by all from the top on down! If they have that little confidence in their minor leaguers, then the whole organization needs to be blown up.

• Like 2
  • Fire 2

12 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Just 3.5 GB with Anaheim, the Cubs salivating and the House of Horrors in Boston looming...the ONLY positive out of all that is no Patriot's Day late morning Giolito massacre on tap.

I'll take a split with Anaheim.  The Cubs are a bad team and the Sox usually seem to wake up against the Cubs.