GAMETHREAD 4/28/22: KC Royals at ChiSox (Keller vs Kopech) 1:10 pm CDT

maloney.adam

7 minutes ago, Mokena94 said:

Of all the bad baseball, and baseball decisions we have seen to date in the 2022 season, the one thing that really puzzles me is the handling of the roster. Players who get hurt don't go on the IL, they sit out 5-6 days. Then, they are allegedly better - but nope they miss a couple more, probably in part due to the weather. Is it that hard to look at a forecast or figure out that it has been a shitty spring for half the country? Add in that many of these guys seem to be slow healers. So why do Jimenez (first injury on foul ball), Roberts, Hendricks, and Harrison remain active, yet not able to play? Oh, I forgot there is so much depth on this team and they are on such a roll, there is no need to IL players and get them fully healthy - they can handle all of this short-handed. Just seems like a total fail by all from the top on down! If they have that little confidence in their minor leaguers, then the whole organization needs to be blown up.

You in a big rush to get Adam Hasley more ABs?  He is literally the ONLY OF or IF who is on the 40 man roster who could be available to the Sox right now.  Romy and Yermin are the others, and they are hurt.

Hard to voice opinions this season cause of all the injuries. Anything you say could be amended with 'because of the injuries.'

I'll just say "in greg's mind" the season is over right now for the White Sox. I think everybody should assume this season is already over. The team is pathetic at home and on the road and in the division.

Now as a caveat I'll add ... if and when the team gets back to 100 percent health or 90 percent health, my statement, which could rightly be considered hyperbolic, could be amended. Until the squad gets healthy, I'm just assuming this team blows, does not have the roster makeup to make up for injured players.  It is horrible defensively, below average pitching and some of the worst hitters to grace big league diamonds.

Still love the Sox; just giving up in late April (til possible improved health of team dictates change of mood).

Edited by greg775
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

You in a big rush to get Adam Hasley more ABs?  He is literally the ONLY OF or IF who is on the 40 man roster who could be available to the Sox right now.  Romy and Yermin are the others, and they are hurt.

Hey....Hasley homered yesterday or the day before for the Knights....give him a chance....again.

He wasn't great (who has been?), but he is a body and it gives you options. In the 10th if KC had not scored, you think there is any way they pinch run for Abreu - not a chance (and maybe they don't with more bodies). Cut Hasley if need be. WTH is Mercedes even on the 40-man, that ship sailed. Try some minor leaguers and give them a taste - and it the experience clock is irrelevant - the time to win is now.

50 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Would take pretty much anyone but Elon Musk.  Then I would have to seriously look at fandom.

Of all the rich guys/gals out there, why pick on Musk? IMO he's one of the more 'likeable' rich guys out there. Watch the SNL episode. He was funny and actually a good actor and he seems to 'care' which I can't say about many rich guys and almost all politicians in 2022. Peace out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Soxfest said:

Abreu bat is so F’N slow 

Jose should re-invent himself and only go to right field and right center til he gets comfortable at the plate again. I'd take single after single from him to RC and RF.

49 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

The weird thing for me with Grandal is the lack of walks. I'm thinking/hoping it's just a slow start like last year, but I do agree on the ball affecting him as I recall a couple barrel outs from him recently.

You never know with Pollock but I have a hard time believing that he's cooked this soon. He may not be as good as he was last year, but when healthy he was one of the best hitters on one of the best teams in baseball. I think he has 2-3 more above average years

Yaz has drawn a handful of walks with pitches clearly out of the zone called strikes. I just think he’s pressing. 

they need him behind the dish tho. McGuire is putrid offensively and frankly whatever goodwilL be built up early has evaporated with a dog shit defensive effort the last 7-10 days, including potentially costing us the game today. 

Edited by ChiSox59

19 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

What’s Romys injury? 

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

Of all the rich guys/gals out there, why pick on Musk? IMO he's one of the more 'likeable' rich guys out there. Watch the SNL episode. He was funny and actually a good actor and he seems to 'care' which I can't say about many rich guys and almost all politicians in 2022. Peace out.

Just do even basic research. He's a terrible person. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

Pocahontas says he's a bad dude

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I never doubted Jose, so I had zero concerns about the baserunners. That's what it's like when you're the president of the Jose Foster fanclub.

When's the next meeting, Ray?

The TLR stans picnic has been canceled, so I'm free now.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

2021: Braves started 7-10, at one point were 30-35. Didn’t get over .500 until early August. Won the World Series.

2019 Nationals started 24-33 and were 9 games back. Didn’t get over .500 until June 30. Won the World Series.

2014 SF Giants played a stretch of baseball over 40 games in the middle of the season where they went an awful 16-25.
Won the World Series. 

I guess I still feel like it’s way too early to close the door on the season

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Tomtom said:

Hahn & company know how to start a rebuild, they just don’t know how to finish a rebuild!

The rebuild is iffy now. Can't-miss Eloy appears to be a bust cause of injury. He was a key piece of the rebuild and he can't stay on the field. Robert is sensational. Let's hope this minor injury is his last.

Cease looks like the real deal and has been great, but in modern baseball, starters aren't that important. Lots of guys can go 5 1/3 innings then give it to the bullpen. It's pretty obvious to me starters are being phased out. They'll be going to all relief pitchers sooner rather than later. Guys like Cease will be unhittable for their 2-inning stints at least.

2 hours ago, greg775 said:

If Musk was an owner, he'd guarantee that the team would win a championship by the all star break. 

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Trying to get T-Shirts made before our next get together. 

Should it be MR's pals, or JFcrew

Love em both, you're call.  Will there be a bucket hat option?