GAMETHREAD 4/28/22: KC Royals at ChiSox (Keller vs Kopech) 1:10 pm CDT

maloney.adam

22 minutes ago, dohnut said:

I’m not getting into all that, but with this team at 7-11 and 1-9 in their last 10, I don’t think we’re sniffing the playoffs.

It's funny when things are going this badly the things that pop into a fan's (my) head. Like I'm thinking barring some sort of miracle health elixir to cure our team, the team isn't exactly constructed to win in the future. I think the only scenario that makes sense regarding Sox success is the four good starters get healthy, stay healthy, and flat out dominate baseball. Then reality sets in and I'm reminded pitchers don't pitch deep into games any more and that might not matter. What I'm saying is ... this is the first time I've looked at the team and questioned what I believed fact - that the Sox would copy the Blackhawks' amazing run and win maybe 2 or 3 titles in 5-6 seasons.

Edited by greg775

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

It's funny when things are going this badly the things that pop into a fan's (my) head. Like I'm thinking barring some sort of miracle health elixir to cure our team, the team isn't exactly constructed to win in the future. I think the only scenario that makes sense regarding Sox success is the four good starters get healthy, stay healthy, and flat out dominate baseball. Then reality sets in and I'm reminded pitchers don't pitch deep into games any more and that might not matter. What I'm saying is ... this is the first time I've looked at the team and questioned what I believed fact - that the Sox would copy the Blackhawks' amazing run and win maybe 2 or 3 titles in 5-6 seasons.

Closest is 2010-14 Giants.

Sox fans would probably take one trip to the ALCS at this point.