Josh Harrison

Tomtom

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

The White Sox payroll is around $200M. They've spent plenty of money. 

Try $175...at least go by the same payroll numbers that everyone else uses.

But you're making a great argument for poor allocation of resources.

The Twins and Tigers at $135 million, and they collectively added 3 $100+ million contract guys in Baez, Buxton and Correa.  The Twins also added Ryan, Bundy, Archer, Gray and Paddack to their rotation whereas we were only able to scrounge up 9.70 ERA in his last ten starts VV.

The Indians even swept us with half our payroll.  And signed the biggest get of all in Jose Ramirez.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The Twins and Tigers at $135 million, and they collectively added 3 $100+ million contract guys in Baez, Buxton and Correa.  The Twins also added Ryan, Bundy, Archer, Gray and Paddack to their rotation whereas we were only able to scrounge up 9.70 ERA in his last ten starts VV.

The Indians even swept us with half our payroll.  And signed the biggest get of all in Jose Ramirez.

Payroll doesn’t win games and/or championships

26 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

https://www.fangraphs.com/roster-resource/payroll/white-sox

This says the Sox payroll is $191M

1 hour ago, maxjusttyped said:

You could post a screenshot of basically every core position player on the team (aside from Vaughn + TA) to imply they wouldn't be making a difference. I would still love to have Madrigal on this team for the next ~5 months and/or 5 years.

I would still love to have about 15 guys taken after Nick in the 2018 draft. 

Edited by JoeCredeYes
changed 10 to 15 after counting studs taken after Nick

1 hour ago, maxjusttyped said:

You could post a screenshot of basically every core position player on the team (aside from Vaughn + TA) to imply they wouldn't be making a difference. I would still love to have Madrigal on this team for the next ~5 months and/or 5 years.

Tallest midget, literally. 

This thread is just so typical of fans. 

Leury hits a HR, buys him time off the punching bag list.   "Let me scroll up and down the lineup and start attacking the next man who sucks."

Really, who gives a fuck who plays 2B when everyone outside of Vaughn can't hit for shit right now. 

18 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Payroll doesn’t win games and/or championships

Sure, the 2005 White Sox prove that point as well.

But there's at least a 75-80% correlation with Top 10-12 payrolls and making  it to the postseason.

The exceptions are only the A's, Rays, Brewers and Sox/Braves in recent years.  Of course, you also have to factor in expanded playoffs, with 40-45% of teams making it two years ago, like the Marlins.

4 minutes ago, ptatc said:

You know they won't go over the tax so that number is the realistic number for how much they have left to work with.

Which means with the White Sox basically at par with Detroit and Minnesota in attendance those two teams have a significant advantage at the midseason TDL with better farm systems and significantly more financial flexibility.

6 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

This thread is just so typical of fans. 

Leury hits a HR, buys him time off the punching bag list.   "Let me scroll up and down the lineup and start attacking the next man who sucks."

Really, who gives a fuck who plays 2B when everyone outside of Vaughn can't hit for shit right now. 

Post counts are like pitch counts - except the opposite. This post gets mine up there by one.

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

I said nothing about the other teams in division. Also your $175M figure is wrong. 

13 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

I could but I didn't because I wasnt making that argument about everyone else.  Madrigal has sucked this year, Villar is starting over him now.  Complaining about him now doesn't fucking help because he is gone and he is sucking out loud over there.  /fin

16 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

I said nothing about the other teams in division. Also your $175M figure is wrong. 

$186, $192-193, $212, $181-82…whichever number you go with, they’re all embarrassingly poor allocations of resources.  

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/chicago-white-sox/payroll/

http://www.stevetheump.com/Payrolls.htm

https://boardroom.tv/mlb-team-payrolls-2022/

And the only thing keeping the Sox alive seemingly is spending $50 million more than the Twins and Tigers.  That massive cushion means parity reigns.

Edited by caulfield12