That's a White Sox Winner

18 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Vince is an ace. We just haven’t realized it yet. 😆

He's got the stuff that Aces are made of.  He needs to be coached up right.  If anyone thinks our pitching coach is a miracle worker (not I) here's his chance to prove it.

Nice win. Shows what Sox can do when Luis R is healthy and Tim is Tim. Also nice to see 10 hits. Some other guys were not automatic outs for a change. And nice to have Sox pitchers shut a team down like teams do to the Sox all the time.

Nothing like winning for a change.

2 hours ago, MikeKreevich said:

What made today's game more enjoyable was listening to Len Kasper and A.J. Pierzynski.  No, "he hit the daylights out of it",  no Nationwide jingle, no SOX Math or Sox Math video.

Pretty boring then I take it? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MikeKreevich said:

What made today's game more enjoyable was listening to Len Kasper and A.J. Pierzynski.  No, "he hit the daylights out of it",  no Nationwide jingle, no SOX Math or Sox Math video.

I would honestly take all of that over one single inning of milquetoast Len Kasper. And I loathe the nationwide jingle and the Sox math videos.  

1 hour ago, Stinky Stanky said:

He's got the stuff that Aces are made of.  He needs to be coached up right.  If anyone thinks our pitching coach is a miracle worker (not I) here's his chance to prove it.

Coop got it done before. Crazier things have happened.

Vince Velasquez = White Sox Jake Arrieta

4 hours ago, MikeKreevich said:

Yeah i usually hate listening to one of the best broadcasters in sports. What a joy that he wasn't on the call. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

Coop got it done before. Crazier things have happened.

Vince Velasquez = White Sox Jake Arrieta

Credit to Chris Bosio for Arrieta, but Bosio is out of baseball for possibly having made a racist remark.  One great pitching coach, but too radioactive to handle in today's world.

3 hours ago, Spicy gar said:

Yeah i usually hate listening to one of the best broadcasters in sports. What a joy that he wasn't on the call. 

Tried to watch a pirates v Padres...just saying, the sox guys are excellent to listen to compared to most out there.  Every other team has drones that talk nonsense it seems

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheBlackSox8 said:

Tried to watch a pirates v Padres...just saying, the sox guys are excellent to listen to compared to most out there.  Every other team has drones that talk nonsense it seems

I agree. Stone and Jason are great. One of the main reasons my wife wll watch with me is because she likes listening to them lol. I really hope that when Stone retires, AJ takes the color analyst gig. Fans here love him, and I think he does a fantastic job in the booth. He's entertaining and also very knowledgeable of the game.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Spicy gar said:

Are you referring to promo-matic?

Having listened to Vince Lloyd, Jack Brickhouse, Harry Caray and Hawk Harrelson, I find Jason lacking.

6 hours ago, Spicy gar said:

I'm enjoying them more and more.